Sad

Fraddycat

Hi all, I was sad to find out that Borofergie, Grazer, Pneu and Xyzzy have been banned for a month. They all send their regards to their regular friends (hope I don't get banned for posting this ...)

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fraddycat said:
Hi all, I was sad to find out that Borofergie, Grazer, Pneu and Xyzzy have been banned for a month. They all send their regards to their regular friends (hope I don't get banned for posting this ...)

That sucks bit time and is so out of order, this is an open public forum and no one states anything incorrect. People only respond to questions raised. No 2 people are the same and to be banned for having an opinion is just madness and wrong. :thumbdown:

This is/was/still is a great forum, but I fear this has really shaken it and may never be the same again, I'd it was not for me finding this place I have no doubt I would not be in as food as position. As I am now right now.

This is mainly with great contribution from the said banned members.

I myself have a blunt, sometimes not thought out way of replying, but that's always been ok!!!!!

desidiabulum

How absurd! I will stop posting for a month in solidarity with them, but I really worry for the newly diagnosed whom they helped so much. This forum is in serious trouble and I can't see for the life of me why any of this should have been necessary.

Defren

I've been out and just heard, I am absolutely gutted, this is wrong on so many levels.

[edit to add] Many of us stay in email contact, if you want my email addy, PM me.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can we have a reason why these very helpful posters have been banned I have never read any of their posts that have in any way been out of line I think this forum is going to lose many followers because of this move
CAROL

Defren

carty said:
Can we have a reason why these very helpful posters have been banned I have never read any of their posts that have in any way been out of line I think this forum is going to lose many followers because of this move
CAROL

It is to give them chance to 'cool down'.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why the need to cool down i have read all posts today and can find no reason for any one to "cool down" except maybe now!

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've opened all the windows, but the smell won't go away ...

The words 'dis' and 'belief' come to mind.
I sense impending doom for this forum.

Geoff (probably next to go)

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Toys out of the pram time ! I think !

Then Me ! ( after Geoff )

Roy

test_positive

I, too, am very surprised. Two in particular I have found to be extremely helpful and informative. Don't know what happened to cause this but one month ban sounds extreme. They might never come back which would be a real loss for the forum. :(

Defren

carty said:
Why the need to cool down i have read all posts today and can find no reason for any one to "cool down" except maybe now!

No idea Carol, that's all I and I think they know.

sooliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is going on with this forum? I don't post much, but come on regularly and read a lot. All these petty arguments and bans don't help anyone, especially newbies. What are they/we supposed to think? It's ridiculous, this is a massive, important forum, not some little freebie one man effort.

It's certainly not going to encourage anyone, new or old, myself included, to stick around. How sad, when the majority of us come here for help, information, support and friendship.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
this is terrible...

what could they possibly have done to deserve this?

and after all the "huggy, huggy lets-be-friends-and-kiss-and-make-up" stuff last night and today too.

i dont think I like this forum anymore :(

Defren

lucylocket61 said:
this is terrible...

what could they possibly have done to deserve this?

and after all the "huggy, huggy lets-be-friends-and-kiss-and-make-up" stuff last night and today too.

i dont think I like this forum anymore :(

Believe me Lucy, you are far from the only one that feels this way!

A

Anonymous

To be honest, the past few days have put me off coming on the forum altogether, only reason i even bother coming on is that I still havent been for my first diabetes checkup, so i tend to just find out what i can, i do read most posts and I try to be active whenever possible, but for a newbie struggling with daibetes and feeling a little isolated, i really dont want to leave here....

I do feel that banning someone for having opinions, whether people like them or not, is a bit harsh, afterall, we are all here for the same reason....Diabetes!

Fraddycat

I agree Sharon, this forum has really helped me get my health on track, has helped me keep focussed, given me great advise and support and Grazer, Boro, Xyzzy and Defren have been my key supporters, advice givers, giving it to my like it is.

I will massively miss them and won't enjoy this forum nearly as much without them

Unbeliever

Its very sad for he newly diagnosed . Personally I would be so offended I would never return . These are intelligent people , many if not all with demanding jobs but still managing to find the ime to help others.
Does anyone know exactly how many people are involved in this ban?Is it only those menioned above?
I ask because many members are likely to shun the forum after reading this news?

Benedict always seems so reasonable - I am very surprised.

A

Anonymous

Fraddycat said:
I agree Sharon, this forum has really helped me get my health on track, has helped me keep focussed, given me great advise and support and Grazer, Boro, Xyzzy and Defren have been my key supporters, advice givers, giving it to my like it is.

I will massively miss them and won't enjoy this forum nearly as much without them

I couldnt agree more Fraddy, they have always helped me, as you have....I honestly feel like just giving up...I am not getting ti grips with my diabetes, and to be honest, suffering from depression, reading that members are being banned for voicing their opinions, makes me want to just leave....I get no help from my GP in regards to my Diabetes, the only help Ive been recieving is from being part of this forum...

Really saddens me :(

Defren

The grapevine is saying another mod has resigned. I don't know if it's true, but I have been given the name which I won't share incase this isn't true.