Sad

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
40,000 person forum? What rubbish - there are about 100 who post regularly and the ones that post the most, the ones that help the most have been banned?

What rank idiocy - I've given hundreds of hours to this forum but all of the banned have given far more. For what? To be slapped in the face for the privilege of providing free content.

I'm not posting again until they return and if they don't then what's the point if that's how your forum stars get treated?

Good work Mods.

Dillinger

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mods, I know you have a difficult job, but you are too heavy handed.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*** is going on around here?
These guys that have been banned (for whatever their supposed crime - of which I know nothing about) are some of the most helpful folks around. Were they not the same ones though that were being ridiculed and slated on that other forum last week or whenever? Have we been taken over by the chiefs of that forum or something?
I guess thinking like this may be a bit cynical, but something is definitely afoot here and I don't like it at all. This place used to be a happy, helpful area where answers could be found to pretty much anything. Now it feels like a hostile, cold, war zone that is not at all welcoming.
If it is to continue, things need to change big time in my opinion.
Sorry if this upsets anyone and if I run the risk of getting banned, that's fine as I too don't feel much like posting on here anymore.

Angie

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel exactly the same Angie.

The heart has been taken out of the forum to-day. I can not but think that the forum hierarchy have a hidden agenda as the decisions made to-day make no sense otherwise. Until I see some more rational explanation I shall not be posting again. :(

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
the pharma industry stands to lose billions of dollars/pounds annually if diabetics can treat themselves via diet and prevent progression onto needing medication... the food industry stands to lose billions annually again if it gets out that low carb is the way we should be going rather than the current low fat diet they're pushing...

there's plenty of motive for them to cause discord in any forum which has been having success in helping T2 diabetics to halt the progression into needing medication and eventually insulin to control their sugar levels...

They see us as a cash cow to milk as we progress to needing more and more medical intervention while we're following the official "healthy" carbs with every meal guidelines...