NO POSTS AFTER 8PM FRIDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

until todays bans are lifted.

I realise this will impact new arrivals but closing the forum to input from the more experienced members should concentrate minds.

Swimmer

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
whilst I applaud your reasons, I feel that, although I am relatively inexperienced and new, I should continue to share my limited knowledge with others newer than myself.

I remember when I first came here. The first day. Waiting even a hour for a reply was agony. I was scared, very sad and felt life had ended for me.

So, although I may be able to do no more than say "Hello and welcome" to someone who is feeling like I was initially, I think I must continue to let newbies know there is someone out there who cares, by continuing to respond to them.

I hope you understand. This is such an awful situation :(

susanmanley

lucylocket61 said:
whilst I applaud your reasons, I feel that, although I am relatively inexperienced and new, I should continue to share my limited knowledge with others newer than myself.

I remember when I first came here. The first day. Waiting even a hour for a reply was agony. I was scared, very sad and felt life had ended for me.

So, although I may be able to do no more than say "Hello and welcome" to someone who is feeling like I was initially, I think I must continue to let newbies know there is someone out there who cares, by continuing to respond to them.

I hope you understand. This is such an awful situation :(

WELL SAID

Defren

swimmer2 said:

I realise this will impact new arrivals but closing the forum to input from the more experienced members should concentrate minds.

Swimmer

In solidarity Simon. I will post until I log off for the night, so people who want to stay in touch by email can (PM me) then no more! I think a stand has to be taken!

Jo

Unbeliever

Defren said:
swimmer2 said:

Swimmer

In solidarity Simon. I will post until I log off for the night, so people who want to stay in touch by email can (PM me) then no more! I think a stand has to be taken!

Jo
Yes I will do the same Defren. I take Lucy's point but the newly diagnosed stand o lose a great deal more in he long term if things are not sorted out.

Defren

Well guys and gals, this is it. It is with a heavy heart I say goodbye. I will not post here again until Boro, xyzzy, Grazer and Pneu have their ban lifted.

Such a sad night - goodbye all.

Jo xx

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: come back when you're ready

coco4

hi everyone I don't fully understand what has sparked this crazy situation the forum finds itself in at the moment, but the forum is literally a life saver for me as I know it is for many others. I feel I am going to lose a lot of friends and its making me feel scared and lonely in fact exactly like I felt when I was told I had Type 1 diabetes. Please, please lets get this problem/problems resolved, we all need one another so much; don't we? Here's to a swift resolution and a great weekend, coco4 :shock: :cry:

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Don't worry too much .. there will always be someone around to help within a few hours. Thats the way it works around here .. support with a spot of advice if we can answer :thumbup:

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
What a load of "BALLS" this thread is....Without this forum I would have been pooing my pants......

How hard is it to follow the rules of the forum. With it's large number of members you think that a few of you will change anything PLEASE!!! I am sure you have all spiked and it's gone to your heads....

Go to bed have a good sleep and then wake up start again!!

KennyS

Hobs said:
Don't worry too much .. there will always be someone around to help within a few hours. Thats the way it works around here .. support with a spot of advice if we can answer :thumbup:

I watched another forum melt down just this way. It was an investment forum but because in today's world investment is highly effected by the actions of government, people started making comment about that connection. If you were pro status quo, nothing was said but if you had issue with policies and the government interference that effected business and therefore investment you were censured and then banned. The forum still continues but the real debate and knowledge sharing has been killed... Intolerance of the truth is a terrible way to run a government, a business or a supposedly open forum... Interestingly enough the forum was one of Rupert Murdock's enterprises.... funny how censorship works... so yes, as you rightly said Hobs,the forum will continue and those that continue it will consider themselves to be the self righteous good guys but in the long run, the forum looses its soul.. I don't know whether the recent events have been sparked my sponsors or connections with 'groups' that would like to transmit a particular message or just poor judgement but it appears to be very wrong and mean spirited. Some folks can be a little 'exuberant' in their beliefs but to ban them because they don't agree with yours... shame shame....

Kenny

C

catherinecherub

swimmer2 said:

Swimmer

You have made a decision that will impact on the forum and unless you know all the facts and not the chinese whispers, you have decided what we should do. :crazy: Do you know all the facts? Has Benedict taken you into his confidence?, have some of the Mods taken you into their confidence? and have the suspended members taken you into their confidence? Is this an informed decision?
Do you really think that the suspended members would want to deprive newbies or those experiencing problems with some support and answers.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
KennyS said:
the forum will continue and those that continue it will consider themselves to be the self righteous good guys but in the long run, the forum looses its soul.

Very, very good point, mate.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All.

I have locked this thread as admin/mods will 'not' respond to blackmail or demands/threats
that any bans should/must be lifted.

If you choose to boycott - then this is your own choice to do so.

Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.