Bye Folkes.

shop

Bye folkes!

I dont know why my post was deleted. So I am off.......However before I go would like to thank ALL of you especially..

Defren, Nigel, Pheonix, Grazer, RRB, Ladybird, Carbsrock, Unbeliever, Xyzzy, Borofergie Smidge, Mileana.....and sooo many more,

Best wishes to all of you, be happy and healthy

Lucy xxx :wave:

Fraddycat

Hi Shop, I've just found out that Grazer and Xyzzy have been banned for a month :roll: can you PM me your email address so we can all stay in touch?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Please don't go Lucy and do reconsider :(

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
shop said:
Bye folkes!

I dont know why my post was deleted. So I am off.......However before I go would like to thank ALL of you especially..

Defren, Nigel, Pheonix, Grazer, RRB, Ladybird, Carbsrock, Unbeliever, Xyzzy, Borofergie Smidge, Mileana.....and sooo many more,

Please please dont go lucy :cry: I dont know anything about which thread was removed :!: maybe you could just take a little break that is what I did to get things in perspective. You have contributed so much and I for one,dont want to see you go. Its obviously hurt you alot.

RRB X do you have anemail address lucy?

Defren

shop said:
Bye folkes!

I am so, so sad to see you leaving, but sadly I fully understand.

Look after yourself, love and hugs - Jo x

A

Anonymous

Thank you for all your input Lucy, you will be missed, i know i dont say much on the forums, as I feel like a kid at times with my knowledge of Diabetes very limited and I'm still learning about my own diabetes....You sure will be missed and I'll miss reading your posts :(

shop

Thanks Guys,

Just think its agood idea that I take some time away from the forum because I have become disillusioned with what it is all about. RRB I would give you my email address but don't know how to send u a PM. let me know.

I just feel that control has become more of a priority which is sad.

Compared with what some people go through I feel that we don't actually have it that bad. I am also a member of a support group for adults and children with Congeinital Heart Defects. My god do they have hurdles to overcome. Not once have I experienced what has sadly become a regular occurance here. It saddens me.

I am aware that there are some strong characters on the forum. but with that comes passion about success which is underpinned by good intentions. Yet it seems that clipping wings seems to have become the nature of the game. I hope If and when I return things have settled down a little.

Best wishes and keep well,

Lucy xxx

Unbeliever

I am so happy that you feel I have helped you in some way Lucy. You will be missed but noone can be at all surprised at anyone leaving or having a break just now. Best wishes and take care.
If we don't meet again here perhaps we will meet elsewhere,

DickM

Sad to see you go over what could be deemed undue moderation. I moderate on two Forums and myself and and the other moderators on them adopt an attitude that we only delete posts as a last resort and not as a norm, I don't think I have deleted more that 5 posts on either forum in the 3+years that I have been moderating.
Sad when cases of over moderation drives good solid & informative members away. :(

paragliderpete

Hi folks . Just tried to post asking why whelk is allowed to remain a forum member when many others far more deserving are being banned. the post has gone / deleted / missing
I can't believe the double standards . Sorry but goodbye all. All the best for the future

GlazedDoughnuts

Lol, considering that society is for ever changing, the number of diabetics is increasing, I think it's fair to say that the loss of a few member isn't going to be the end of this forum.

I love these threads. :think:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
GlazedDoughnuts said:
Lol, considering that society is for ever changing, the number of diabetics is increasing, I think it's fair to say that the loss of a few member isn't going to be the end of this forum.It certainly won't be the end of the forum.

It'll just be a matter of time before a new bunch of members that do their own research and share it here materialise.

Happened before, and it'll happen again.

GlazedDoughnuts

Don't act in haste, take a second, breathe in slowly...Exhale.

Now let's try this again. I was in agreement with your post, there is a lot of Google Warriors and doom and gloom about the place, so a 'clean up' of the current wave isn't such a bad thing.

whelk

Sorry if I misunderstood.

The funny thing about my diabetes is that I just lived with it for years. It wasn't until I got the retinopathy and the mention of insulin that I thought a bit more and did something. I'm just glad I did something before I found this forum.

I know what works for me. It would probably work for some others too, but you can't impose one experience on everyone else.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Please remember this is a thread started by shop to say goodbye. She doesn't deserve HER thread and yes it is in capital letters, to be treated in this dispecable, bickering ,disrepectful way :evil:

For the love of sanity, give it a bl***y rest or start your own thread to carry on pleeeeaaaassssse. RRB :( :cry:

GlazedDoughnuts

whelk, I understand, but in all fairness a few opinionated individuals does not constitute as the whole forum.

It appears the moderation team are playing an active role, it's clear not all members of this forum are the same, these exchange of messages between you and I proves not everyone thinks/behaves in the same manner. So give the rest of the forum a chance?

whelk

GlazedDoughnuts said:
whelk, I understand, but in all fairness a few opinionated individuals does not constitute as the whole forum.

It appears the moderation team are playing an active role, it's clear not all members of this forum are the same, these exchange of messages between you and I proves not everyone thinks/behaves in the same manner. So give the rest of the forum a chance?

OK, I was just reflecting on the way things are presented in black and white. You sometimes expect a rendering of preussens gloria.