• Total voters

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Defren said:
BioHaZarD said:
I normally keep to around 30g, just not really fancied much today.

I'm usually under 40g today was just one of those days. I have eaten and eaten 'till now I feel I am going to pop, yet the carbs are really low. That said I have found an organic cheese company and their smoked cheddar is to die for. I have just had a hunk now. :oops:

A hunk huh? What about the cheese!

I love cheese, just got some extra mature cheddar, mmmm. Also liking the creamy white Castello at the moment.

Defren

BioHaZarD said:
Defren said:
BioHaZarD said:
I normally keep to around 30g, just not really fancied much today.

I'm usually under 40g today was just one of those days. I have eaten and eaten 'till now I feel I am going to pop, yet the carbs are really low. That said I have found an organic cheese company and their smoked cheddar is to die for. I have just had a hunk now. :oops:

I love cheese, just got some extra mature cheddar, mmmm. Also liking the creamy white Castello at the moment.

My hunk is in the US until Saturday, so having to make do with cheese. :lol: My calorific intake is a bit poor at the moment, so the cheese really helps. I'm now thinking of the feta hiding in the cheese dish. :lol:

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I normally keep to around 30g, just not really fancied much today

I'm usually under 40g today was just one of those days. I have eaten and eaten 'till now I feel I am going to pop, yet the carbs are really low. That said I have found an organic cheese company and their smoked cheddar is to die for. I have just had a hunk now. :oops:[/quote]

I love cheese, just got some extra mature cheddar, mmmm. Also liking the creamy white Castello at the moment.[/quote]

My hunk is in the US until Saturday, so having to make do with cheese. :lol: My calorific intake is a bit poor at the moment, so the cheese really helps. I'm now thinking of the feta hiding in the cheese dish. :lol:[/quote]

Don't, our fridge is full of cheese at the moment. Got white castella, blue castella, Stilton, extra mature cheddar, blue Brie, stinking bishop, and more, had it with deli meat and olives the other night, yum!

Ashleigh

I have no idea how many carbs I ate today. I had:

B: An atkins milkshake made with water and added chia seeds.
L: Some chicken wings and some sliced chicken.
D: Lamb chops and sugar snap peas, garden peas and cauliflower.

mattr

Ashleigh said:
I have no idea how many carbs I ate today. I had:

B: An atkins milkshake made with water and added chia seeds.
L: Some chicken wings and some sliced chicken.
D: Lamb chops and sugar snap peas, garden peas and cauliflower.

Next to nothing if thats everything you ate.

Ashleigh

I wasn't hungry. I've got a cold, and I just started taking chromium which seems to make me less hungry. And I drank a ton of water.

Ashleigh

Apparently they do but I've just been less hungry lately. We have had a bereavement in the immediate family and I've been organising a lot of stuff for the funeral so maybe I'm just slightly off my food at the mo.

Don't worry, I don't have the anorexic gene, I do like my food, but I won't eat a huge meal just for the sake of it.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Ashleigh said:
Apparently they do but I've just been less hungry lately. We have had a bereavement in the immediate family and I've been organising a lot of stuff for the funeral so maybe I'm just slightly off my food at the mo.

Don't worry, I don't have the anorexic gene, I do like my food, but I won't eat a huge meal just for the sake of it.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Ashleigh and hope you and your family keep well. Take care - GraceK

Ashleigh

Thank you grace, that's very kind of you :)

My sisters baby was stillborn at 24 weeks. It's even worse as my cousin's baby only passed away in may from sudden infant death syndrome, he was only six months. And this is the 3rd baby my sister has lost. I was feeling ok but the last day or so I've been feeling quite emotionally drained, but that's probably just this cold, once that passes I should be back to normal, I hope.

Cobra3164

Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi Asleigh. VV sorry to hear the news my condolences to you sister and of course yourself my wifes and my thoughts are with you.

Simon aka Cobra3164

Ashleigh

Thank you Simon :)

Unfortunately it's all being dragged out, the funeral isn't until the 22nd, and he's been off at a hospital in London for the last three weeks, so we're all just kind of in limbo if that makes sense. Most of the organising is done now, we're just waiting for the day now.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Ashleigh said:
Thank you grace, that's very kind of you :)

My sisters baby was stillborn at 24 weeks. It's even worse as my cousin's baby only passed away in may from sudden infant death syndrome, he was only six months. And this is the 3rd baby my sister has lost. I was feeling ok but the last day or so I've been feeling quite emotionally drained, but that's probably just this cold, once that passes I should be back to normal, I hope.

Your family is certainly having more than it's fair share of sadness at the moment, Ashleigh. That is so sad to hear. I wish there was something more than I can say but 'sorry' - it's such a paltry little word but I am really sorry to hear of such losses and I hope you all get through these most difficult and emotionally draining times and come out strong and whole and well. (((hugs)))

Ashleigh

Thank you

It is a paltry little word but you took the time to post it :)

There's nothing much u can say when someone tells u the above can you, I'm the worlds worst for knowing what to say in situations.

Emmerdale

When I was diagnosed Type 2 just over 2 years ago I initially received no advice other than a photocopied foolscap sheet of paper with things to eat as promoted by NICE,I started to look for info on Diabetes and found this site and with the help and advice from people on here I have lost 3 stone and my last HBa1c was 5.9 .You have to face reality in life no matter how unpleasant it is I have only had good advice no Scaremongering just the TRUTH about possible consequences of Diabetes so I cannot understand what all the fuss is about,no can force anyone to look this disease in the face but that is a betterway than being an ostrich. :roll:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
http://www.recover-from-grief.com/7-sta ... grief.html

Here is a link explaining the 7 stages of grief that most people go through when faced with a trauma of any kind. That could be bereavement, loss of a job, or diagnosis of an illness ... the stages are all the same from initial denial to acceptance.

People are different. They take various lengths of time to take certain things in and to process them. The whole 7 stages of grief can take days, weeks or years in some people, and they can also slip in and out of each stage and back and forwards, depending on how much their nervous system can handle.

Some people actually do become numb from shock and there's a reason for that. The numbness occurs because the bad news (shock) whatever it was has an effect on the nervous system, and in some people if that message is relayed to the brain too quickly, they can actually suffer neurological damage and even stroke. It's not a matter of needing to be mollycoddled or of needing to be pandered to it's just a matter of being the way some people's sympathetic and central nervous systems operate.

There has been much research into Post Traumatic Stress Disorder not just in servicemen but in ordinary civilians who've had traumatic experiences and believe me you'd have to experience it to really understand it in all it's entirety. Some people can handle going from shock and denial straight to acceptance in a matter of minutes or hours. Others, quite simply can't.

And not taking that into consideration here is a bit like not taking into consideration a person's blindness and saying
Well if they can't see to read the forum, tough! They can go elsewhere.
Sensitivity is a physical state not an emotional tantrum. And anyone who has experienced the loss of someone very close will tell you that they feel that loss physically their body aches, their muscles ache, their bones ache with the shock and grief and with Prolonged Grief Reaction that can go on for a long time - and it can also affect blood sugar levels as the body tries to cope.

Human physiology is very complex and there is a tendency to box sensitive people off as something akin to being weak of mind, and trying to toughen up someone in a state of shock can be a very dangerous thing to do. Also, there are people who have one shock after another as life changing events tend to happen in clusters sometimes, so the mind and nervous system becomes overloaded - a bit like the electricity in your house if you plug too many electrical items in. So it goes with the human body and mind.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
catherinecherub said:
I have posted these articles before and I also think they relevant in this discussion.

The Diabetes Rollercoaster.
http://www.diabetesexplained.com/diabet ... ssues.html

The Five Stages of Grief.
http://www.diabetesexplained.com/the-fi ... grief.html

People are different in their response to being told they have a chronic illness because we all have different personalities. The stiff upper lip does not work for all of us.

:thumbup: I think so too Catherine.

Brit90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Having a quick look at the titles of the various stages, although I have been Type 1 now for more than 10 years, I am stuck at a mixture of
Denial, Anger and Depression...

I am definitely having a Diabetic Burnout a long with everything that goes with it. Been on this road to hell many years, but I digress. The original post was about posting what you say could offend people.

Solve the problem and have a 2 tier system. New members can see Tier 1, more experienced see Tier 2, assuming that more experienced people aren't shocked in what they read.

Hb1ac - unknown
Blood Sugar level - unknown