3 MONTHS DIAGNOSED AND HBA1C TEST = EXCELLENT CONTROL

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Indy51 said:
Interestingly enough, one of Dr Briffa's blogposts today is about Vitamin D. Interesting read:

http://www.drbriffa.com/2012/11/09/my-p ... vitamin-d/

Thanks Indy ... that certainly is interesting. I've taken my 10,000iu today along with the other handful of vits and supplements I'm taking. I've never been so disciplined in my life where that's concerned because I loathe taking pills of any kind but it's paying off. :wink:

lilla

Dislikes
The usual, bigots; dictators........
Well Grace, im so pleased for you :D and i hope sooo much i can have the same results when i get mine done in a few months (i think).
YOu are an inspiration, and know you have helped people too! Thank youfor being one of the people who were kind enough to say hello to me, and made me feel welcome and not alone. :clap:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
lilla said:
Well Grace, im so pleased for you :D and i hope sooo much i can have the same results when i get mine done in a few months (i think).
YOu are an inspiration, and know you have helped people too! Thank youfor being one of the people who were kind enough to say hello to me, and made me feel welcome and not alone. :clap:

Thank you Lilla ... that's very kind of you and I'm glad you don't feel alone now. :)

As for me, I just stuck to my plan of action which was ...

... take the Metformin, read the forum, find out what I can have for dinner, find out what I should avoid for dinner, try a few things out, test my blood, stick with whatever isn't sending my blood sugar up and keeping it there ... don't get bogged down with too much information ... don't worry if I'm not doing cartwheels yet ... every step I take without gasping remember to say Thank You Universe ... :)

Day by day I noticed tiny improvements and to be honest at first I thought I was imagining things. Things like getting out of my chair more often and staying out of it for longer. Standing at the sink washing dishes without feeling like I wanted to lie down on the floor. Then it was taking more of an interest in my housework again. Next thing I knew I was swimming and feeling the power back in my muscles again and now I'm looking for a job again! Not bad and never once been hungry. :wink:

Keep posting Lilla and keep letting us know how you're doing and how you're feeling and most of all - be gentle with yourself. You really deserve it. :wink:

lilla

Dislikes
The usual, bigots; dictators........
Hi Grace,
I tried to pm you back but it ay you have not got it on?
But yes that would be lovely, me too.
Thanks again for the encouragement. :thumbup:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
lilla said:
Hi Grace,
I tried to pm you back but it ay you have not got it on?
But yes that would be lovely, me too.
Thanks again for the encouragement. :thumbup:

OK - it's done now. :)

endomorph

Grace,

Reading your story on exhaustion sounds just like me. I have just been diagnosed with T2 and I sit here with crossed fingers and toes that the changes I will be making with have half the effect you experienced !

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
endomorph said:
Grace,

Reading your story on exhaustion sounds just like me. I have just been diagnosed with T2 and I sit here with crossed fingers and toes that the changes I will be making with have half the effect you experienced !

Well, I honestly think you can uncross your fingers and toes Endo, treat your diagnosis as the best thing that's ever happened to you because you can now DO something about how you feel by testing your blood sugar a few times a day and getting to grips with your diet. For me, cutting out is a lot easier than cutting down, so I went straight on LCHF diet.

I haven't got it off to a fine art, but I've done my best and it's paid off. It will for you too. Just take one day at a time and stick with the forum. :thumbup:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
endomorph said:
Grace,

In my experience, the first thing to check for with exhaustion is Vitamin D - a deficiency mimics all the symptoms of chronic fatigue. As soon as I started supplementing after a deficiency was diagnosed by blood test - and way before my blood glucose levels were under control - it made a HUGE difference to energy levels and mood. Absolutely amazing really. I've became a Vitamin D evangelist nowadays :lol:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Indy51 said:
endomorph said:
Grace,

In my experience, the first thing to check for with exhaustion is Vitamin D - a deficiency mimics all the symptoms of chronic fatigue. As soon as I started supplementing after a deficiency was diagnosed by blood test - and way before my blood glucose levels were under control - it made a HUGE difference to energy levels and mood. Absolutely amazing really. I've became a Vitamin D evangelist nowadays :lol:

Yes Indy ... that's true also. I've only been taking high dose VitD3 for a few weeks now and I'm feeling a big difference too. It's so strange to wake up feeling happy in the winter! :***: (Perhaps I should rephrase that :shock: )

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
GraceK said:
Yes Indy ... that's true also. I've only been taking high dose VitD3 for a few weeks now and I'm feeling a big difference too. It's so strange to wake up feeling happy in the winter! :***: (Perhaps I should rephrase that :shock: )

Honestly, I could scream when I think of all the years I thought I was depressed - Vitamin D worked way better than any anti-depressant I was ever prescribed. I've fair skin and freckles and have avoided the sun most of my adult life, especially at the height of the Australian summers (strangely enough, my depression was usually seasonal, starting in November and lasting till winter came back around) so I really wonder how long I'd been deficient :(

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Indy51 said:
GraceK said:

Honestly, I could scream when I think of all the years I thought I was depressed - Vitamin D worked way better than any anti-depressant I was ever prescribed. I've fair skin and freckles and have avoided the sun most of my adult life, especially at the height of the Australian summers (strangely enough, my depression was usually seasonal, starting in November and lasting till winter came back around) so I really wonder how long I'd been deficient :(

When I was a kid in the 60's I remember the doctor prescribing my Mum a 'tonic' which was bottle of Multivits with iron when she complained of feeling 'low'. Antidepressants would never have even been considered. Also, whenever antibiotics were prescribed back then, we also got a small bottle of little brown vitamin pills to go with them. It was standard practice in those days to prescribe vitamins for certain complaints.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
GraceK said:
It's so strange to wake up feeling happy in the winter! :***: (Perhaps I should rephrase that :shock: )
or change your username to SnowWhite :twisted: :twisted:

Nada

Grace I too was diagnosed in August and just had my results too - told excellent management with 5.8 / 40 results for Hba1c everything else was good too (although I have to repeat chloresterol tests as I hadn't fasted). I too found this forum an enormous help in the vacuum that followed diagnosis. So glad this forum thrives. Still get tired so going to try vitamin D next. I am another shade lover so I am guessing I might need a boost! Hurray for people power. :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Nada said:
Grace I too was diagnosed in August and just had my results too - told excellent management with 5.8 / 40 results for Hba1c everything else was good too (although I have to repeat chloresterol tests as I hadn't fasted). I too found this forum an enormous help in the vacuum that followed diagnosis. So glad this forum thrives. Still get tired so going to try vitamin D next. I am another shade lover so I am guessing I might need a boost! Hurray for people power. :D

:D I'm chuffed you've also had a good outcome for all your tests. I'm so thankful I found this forum within a few days of diagnosis or I'd still be floundering in that vacuum.

I think this forum should be nominated for an award for services to humanity! :thumbup:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
GraceK said:
Nada said:

:D I'm chuffed you've also had a good outcome for all your tests. I'm so thankful I found this forum within a few days of diagnosis or I'd still be floundering in that vacuum.

I think this forum should be nominated for an award for services to humanity! :thumbup:

Well done Grace, thats terrific news :thumbup: and well done to you too Nada :clap: Great results Best wishes RRB

judyann1

Well done Grace, i would be interested to know how you got on with the doc about your high liver readings - i too feel really good after gaining control but now my liver readings have come back high for the first time. during this last 3 months i have taken terbinifine which i have now read a side effect is abnormal readings. Does anyone know if my liver will repair itself and if so how long it will be before the readings show improvement. I also became a glutton for cream - any effect?

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
judyann1 said:
Well done Grace, i would be interested to know how you got on with the doc about your high liver readings - i too feel really good after gaining control but now my liver readings have come back high for the first time. during this last 3 months i have taken terbinifine which i have now read a side effect is abnormal readings. Does anyone know if my liver will repair itself and if so how long it will be before the readings show improvement. I also became a glutton for cream - any effect?

Judyann I've felt so well since I started on Metformin and LCHF diet that I haven't seen the doctor since my first review 3 months ago. I'm making all decisions about medications based on how I FEEL, not on test results or what the doctor wants me to take. I know I feel better on Metformin than without it, so I'm fine with taking that. I know Omeprazole stops me getting gastric pain, so I'm happy taking that. I'm back at work and I have energy again so I'm also happy with that. I don't want any other meds that might rock my boat of feeling good at the moment and that's what I've told my doc. I've also been offered a hysterectomy which I've decided to refuse for the same reasons. I just don't see the point in agreeing to medical interventions that I feel would jeopardise how well I feel at the moment.

I've had so many diagnoses of different things over the past decade especially, all of which have improved or virtually gone away since I've been treated for diabetes and I feel as if my body is regaining its own balance so ... if it aint broke don't fix it, is my motto. :D

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done Grace, what was your HBA1C at diagnosis?

Ali