Accu-Chek Flexlink Tubing

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All

Has anyone come across a problem with the flexlink tubing. James was changing his infusion set and noticed a blockage in the tubing luckily before he attached everything. When we looked closer, we did cut the tube in half and it seemed to be that there was a bit of solid tubing near the clip for attachment, obviously this would have stopped any insulin going through. Now he makes sure that he checks it beforehand.

We have not contacted Roche regarding this, but definitely will if we come across any more like it.

Just posted this for information :problem:

jopar

No I've never experience this with my tubing..

I would though give Roche a phone, as this may be a manufacturing hick up, it may only effect one batch but Roche do need to know, so that they determine if it's a problem and needs further investigation

Spearmint

We've not had this problem but i do find that the tubing seems to end up covered in marks!
Hopefully when we've got through the starter pack and i can order my own supplies i am going to get her shorter tubes which will get screwed up less.

I would report it too, last year she had a Novorapid cartridge crack inside her pen and i reported this.

jopar

The little white marks that appear on the tubing are quite natural nothing to worry about..

The tubing for all the different pumps are all constructed the same way...

Basically a tube within a tube, by doing this it prevents the tubing producing sharp kinks that could stop the flow of insulin, so when you do what I often do, and not sure how I achieve it, putting a knot in the tubing doesn't matter how tight the knot goes as yet it's never stopped the flow of insulin..

The only frustrating bit about the white marks, it's can be difficult to determine whether it's a mark or a air bubble in the tubing, more of a problem when you changing just the cannula, and trying to see the insulin progress through the tubing..

l0vaduck

I have had one set of tubing which felt very sticky and when I tried to prime the tubing it eventually occluded. I reported it to Roche but it was just one in the box.

Maybe you had a duff one. It's not really anything to worry about though as if there is a blockage you'll find it when you try to prime the tubing - just a bit of a time-waster!

As Jopar says, sometimes the tubing has marks on it but they are just on the outside.