X-PERT COURSE

Emmerdale

Good Afternoon everyone in the post this morning i received an invitation to attend an X-PERT course on my Type 2 and will be the first time of real education for diabetesother than a 5 min. chat with the DB. nurse I feel sure it will be of value to me but wondered if anyone knows what I might expect ?

Good Afternoon everyone, In the post this morning was an invitation to attend an X-PERT course for Type 2 Diabetes It Is two and a half hours a week for 6 weeks ,this will be the first time i will have had real education from mt Doctors Clinic Has Anyone had experience of this course ,what can I expect and is it any good ?

C

catherinecherub

Have never been on one Emmerdale.

Would advise you to go with an open mind and participate fully. Anything that you do not understand please say so as the course leader is not a mind reader. He/She will welcome your questions.

It will give you a chance to meet other diabetics and you will see that they might need the course too especially if newly diagnosed.. You may be surprised at how much you have picked up on the forum which will help.

It is really in your best interests to attend because your G.P. will be informed if you don't. This might go against you when you need his help on a minor issue as he will be able to say that if you attended the course you would know.

AlanEadie

I strongly recommend this course. A couple of hours or so a week over some six weeks is a great investment that pays considerable dividends. After my initial diagnosis I attended Open University courses on both Diabetes and Nutrition but the X-PERT Diabetes course was really focussed on providing key information that really will make a difference to your health.

Unfortunately my PCT does not run this course and I had to go to a neighbouring PCT to get the benefits of the course which is not regretted. In view of the escalating NHS costs because of the diabetes epidemic I find it very sad that some areas do not run this course. Grab it while you can is my advise.

Alan Eadie

AlanEadie

Strongly recommended. The best thing since sliced bread. It advises how to manage your diabetes effectively. Sharing views with others is also useful.

Check out their website < www.xperthealth.org.uk >.

Alan Eadie