A New Member Introduce here

Daquan Gibson

Hello Friends,

I am Daquan Gibson a new user of this site. I have not found introduction thread here, so I am posting my introduction thread here. I am very excited to know about Herbal Medicine and so on. So, I came here to solve my quires and also discuss with you people. If any inconvenience occurred please excuse me.

Thanks in advance!
Daquan Gibson :)

Alan Eadie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

I was diagnosed Type 2 in 2008 and immediately joined Diabetes UK but have only just joined this forum.

I am on Metformin 500g (once a day only) and generally have my diabetes well controlled.

I am however absolutely disgusted at the way the NHS discriminate (despite the Equality Act) diabetics in that many areas do not run the X-PERT Diabetes course. Which I strongly recommend to anyone who wishes to effectively learn more about diabetes.

Regards.

Alan Eadie

janninekol

Alan Eadie said:
Hi,

I was diagnosed Type 2 in 2008 and immediately joined Diabetes UK but have only just joined this forum.

I am on Metformin 500g (once a day only) and generally have my diabetes well controlled.

I am however absolutely disgusted at the way the NHS discriminate (despite the Equality Act) diabetics in that many areas do not run the X-PERT Diabetes course. Which I strongly recommend to anyone who wishes to effectively learn more about diabetes.

Regards.

Alan Eadie
r u a surgeon or physicians.....and kindly give me complete diet about diabetes.. :clap:

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
janninekol said:
r u a surgeon or physicians.....and kindly give me complete diet about diabetes.. :clap:
few of us on this forum are qualified as surgeon or physician. We are trying to evolve into "expert patients" and can only tell you what we have found to be a diet that works for us.
I have found that what has worked for me is to minimise carbohydrate consumption, eating home prepared foods containing meats, fish,nuts, berry fruits, "above ground" vegetables. the things I avoid are pasta, potatoes,rice, sugar, &"starchy vegetables" although I don't worry unduly if I am presented with an over carby meal, I just eat what i can, and cut back on the rest.
This diet has reduced my HbA1c from ~8 to 5.4 and i am complemented on my BG control despite having dropped my Meds from basal & bolus insulin to oral meds to Diet & Exercise. Others favour restricting portions or favour slow release carbohydrates.
i advise you to read, experiment and question , everyone is different.
Good luck. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
As we appear to have 2 new members, I have moved this thread to the appropriate part of the forum.

Doug

dixon

Hiya new member introduction

Hi all
I am a 46 year old mother of 3 young boys - diagnosed Type 1 just 3 years ago - big shock to be honest don't think I have got over it yet ? do you ever ?

Joined forum for some much needed support from people in similiar situations as myself.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Dixon

I hope that we can help on your journey with diabetes. Welcome to the Forum. We have many different areas including one for issues around Type 1. Feel free to fire away with any questions.

Regards

Doug

Don Guenufo

Hi Folks,

It seems a lot of new members are posting here, so it seems like a good place to start.

I was suspected with Type 2 in December 2011, through a routine urine sample and diagnosed after two blood tests in January 2012. Until then, I knew nothing about diabetes and still know very little, although I am trying to inform myself as much as possible.

At present I am waiting for the results of the latest blood test after trying the "lifestyle change method", which I should get next week. However, the Practice Nurse has put me on a "prescribed exercise" program (8 kilos overweight) and enrolled me on a three session course on "How to Live with Diabetes". She also recommended this site.

That's a brief outline of my own personal situation. It's good to know that there is a forum available for people to discuss things and offer advice, opinions etc.

Best Wishes to all.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Welcome to the Forum. I hope that you find it a place where you can get support and knowledge to help you along Diabetes Road.

Take care

Doug

mtldsimmons

Hi all,

I just joined this site. Was just browsing through and I must say, I wished I had joined earlier. I lost my maternal grandmother and my mom to Diabetes. My mom passed away just in September. Losing both special people in my life was just hurtful but I know they are free at last from this very debilitating disease. I decided to join this forum because I want to learn more about diabetes and hopefully share information. I'll be taking some tests soon at the hospital and changing my diet and 'lifestyle' for the better as the doctors say me and my 20-year-old sister could be susceptible. I'm 25 years old

I just miss my mom and maternal grandma so much!

jobeline

hi my names jo, I'm new to this forum
was diagnosed with type 1 2 years ago and I'll admit I'm a rubbish diabetic I'm still struggling to come to terms with it as its a massive life change but I've now come to terms that it's my new way of life as I went into a diabetic co.e a couple weeks back and almost died from DKA so it's giving me a massive shock and I will never miss an injection again it was very selfish of me and my poor family, partner and friends were sick with worry all because I didn't wantto bbeloved I had diabetes!!!

dixon

Hi Jo
totally understand where you are coming from the biggest struggle for me - is accepting a total change of lifestyle- I still have not done this - and the proof is every time I go to my consultants appointment - he speak to me like a little child and makes me feel so guilty I totally dread the appointments now- in fact the last one I cancelled.

I hate the people who claiming to be so 'perfect' in their blood sugar reading I wonder are they for real.- I so struggle with this and can't always explain teh readings- typical scenarion is go to bed good reading - around 7 get up get ready for work - cup of coffee in car no breakfast until I have coffee break in office around 10.00 and take a reading and blood sugar could be anywhere between 12 and 17 - appreciate your views on this - don't think my consulatant believes me and this too gets me down - what am i doing wrong - not eating breakfast as soon as I am up ?? or what thought food was the only thing to raise blood sugar - diabetic nurse thought that I may have been taking hypo during my sleep and liver relased some stored glucose- has anyone ever experienced that ???

I really want diabetes to fit in with my lfestyle not the other way round - don't know if this is actually possible

Rene

Type of diabetes
Type 2
T2 for 4/5 years, age 57

Hi new to forums so forgive me if this is wrong place to ask question. Have controlled with diet since diagnosed, but of late have put on weight, I know should not have. Just had yearly review and h1ac is now 7.2. I am gutted and really don't want tablets, I am rubbish at taking them, if go insists I have them, if I lost wieght would I be able to come off them and how would i know, confused x

Old Pete 69

Hi, my name is Pete and although I'm not a diabetes patient, I have one or two friends who are, and I would like to have a better understanding of their problems.

I've looked at a couple of other forums, and this one seems quite easily the most comprehensive. It seems reasonable easy to navigate, and there are many threads to follow.

I look forward to discovering more about diabetes. :)

doug63

hi my name is doug a diabetic of 6 yrs but losing control of my sugar levels.i also have ibs & have recently being diagnosed with a large hiatus hernia so wondering if anybody as a similar dilemma? :? :? :? :? :?

Filobabe

Hi all
I'm new here too. Have had Type 1 diabetes for 11 years now although initially they thought i had type 2. Turns out i had a loooonng honeymoon period instead.
I struggle with my weight as i like to keep a close reign on my blood glucose and am looking to do the DAFNE course soon. Any help with weight loss would be great.
Am also willing to buddy any newbie Type 1's who may want someone to talk to.

Filo x

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Welcome to you all. I hope that you find our Forum a place of knowledge and support.

Take care

Doug

stoomo

Hi

I'm Stuart and i was diagnosed with type 1 back in November 1997. I have never really taken my diabetes seriously, not eating properly and for a particularly bad period, not even taking my insulin. I always just thought i could knuckle down and take it serious;y later and nothing bad would happen. Wrong. 3 months ago i had my left leg amputated below the knee after a foot ulcer caused my foot to swell up to twice it's size and then gangrene set in. The surgeon hand no choice but to take it off. Harsh lesson, but now i am taking things a lot more seriously. i also have very bad retinopathy in my left eye. I son't want peoples sympathy, but what i do want is for people to look at what happened to me and realise it could happen to them too if they do not take their diabetes seriously... Don't let it happen to you, don't make my mistakes. I have to live with only one foot, You don't have to! Take it serious, don't eat that pudding, don't mess about with your meds...

Thanks for listening to my rant...

Stuart