VAT Refunds

Heather Eyles

Hi,

Not sure if I have posted this in the right thread.

Just been reading a different topic and 2 people stated that they weren't charged VAT on some test strips as they are diabetic.

I haven't heard about this before, can anyone enlighten me? Is it VAT free just on diabetes related items or anything else?

Thanks

Heather x

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Heather.

Here is a link to this sites information about the subject, including a downloadable claim form to take with you if purchasing such items.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/vat-exemption.html

It is only Diabetic related items.

Heather Eyles

Thanks very much Cugila.

What a font of information is available on this site, I wish I'd found it when I was diagnosed March last year.

Regards

Heather x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi I read about the vat forms on here. next time I was buying strips I asked the nice lady in boots for the forms. completed the forms and handed them back. she then processed my sale still charging the vat. is this right? should I get the vat taken off at the point of sale or should I get it back as a type of rebate?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
If you have any health issues that need purchasing something to treat or act as an aid, then you are entitled to claim back the VAT paid, or if the supplier is set up for it, not charge you in the first place providing you sign a declaration.

Napolyon1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was told in the pharmacy that diabetics can claim back the vat on items to do with diabetes.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You've got a switched on pharmacy Napolyon. If you buy strips online from boots then there is a form to fill in and you don't pay the VAT. Boots aren't the cheapest for strips though. You can also get the Codefree meter and strips VAT free.