Diabetes war

bennyg70

Dislikes
CHEESE!!!
I joined this forum a few months ago to help get my sugar levels under control.

In 3 months when i first started posting on here (Approx) my hba1c was 8.3, today I got my results back as 6.4% this is probably the best its even been in 20 years of diabetes! This year is my 20 year aniversary! :)

I have taken on board advice from the low carbers, high carbers, t1s and t2s and come up with a mixed way of dealing with it all using everybodys advice and input. Id call myself, a mid carber. The fact that im a fussy eater dictates this mainly.

As a newbie Ive read through some of the posts recently and goings on.

What is this diabetes war all about?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
bennyg70 said:
I joined this forum a few months ago to help get my sugar levels under control.

In 3 months when i first started posting on here (Approx) my hba1c was 8.3, today I got my results back as 6.4% this is probably the best its even been in 20 years of diabetes! This year is my 20 year aniversary! :)

I have taken on board advice from the low carbers, high carbers, t1s and t2s and come up with a mixed way of dealing with it all using everybodys advice and input. Id call myself, a mid carber. The fact that im a fussy eater dictates this mainly.

As a newbie Ive read through some of the posts recently and goings on, Ive also read comments such as, some of the newer members to the forum wont understand whats going on because of all the arguments from the last few years! Whats been going on, it seems like madness surely.

I was researching yesterday and found a blog by a low carber on another site, absolutley slating someone a high carber (Recognised their tag) who has offered me great advice and couldnt have been nicer on a couple of occasions. The things they were picking at were quite personal and were really really off the subject.

What is this diabetes war all about?

Hi benny :wave: well done on getting your BS down to 6.4 thats a great achievement,you should be very pleased with your self :thumbup: also congratulations on the 20 yr anniversary or diaversity.

I honestly feel that theres no point in raking up the past, thats where it should be left. You said you have read nasty/personal comments, so you do know how things can get out of hand. A move forward is often the best thing to do.
Have a good day with best wishes RRB

bennyg70

Dislikes
CHEESE!!!
lol, I did feel like I was been nosey when I typed that. Thankyou for the congrats, I feel really good today!
Benny

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
bennyg70 said:
In 3 months when i first started posting on here (Approx) my hba1c was 8.3, today I got my results back as 6.4% this is probably the best its even been in 20 years of diabetes! This year is my 20 year aniversary! :) quote]

That's some reduction in such a short space of time, well done Benny :thumbup:

Virgo123

Well done BennyG70.
Its a great achievement.

Im hoping to have my HBA1C reduced even more, when next I see my dr.
Being part of a D community is so much more helpful, if the support is there, as I have found here.

beeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everybody

I've been type 2 diabetic since September 2005. I've always kept my sugar levels under good control by exercise - I walk at least 3 miles every day, sometimes I cycle, and sometimes I walk. Sometimes I even do ten miles. (4.5 miles today).

In the last 6 months I've been chewing a small slice of ginger every day, and my Hba1C (after 6 months chewing) was 5.9% (41) - the lowest ever. :D

Has there been any research on the use of ginger to combat type 2? Has anybody else tried it? I don't bother to weigh it, just cut myself a thin slice about 2mm. I don't even peel it, just chew the whole lot. It is not particularly pleasant, but if it works......

Beeman.
Kent.