Newbie diagnosed T2 last wed 7th nov 12

RED 96

Daibell. Thanks for the tips. I will get used to it. To be fair, when I had that muesli I think I did use an Alan partridge size dish as I was so hungry. I need to get used to the fact that fat is bad in excess but not as bad as carbs. I will get there

RED 96

Merluna, I am so glad that you went out and enjoyed yourself and still had good readings this morning. I said that I would share my figs with you so here goes.

Wednesday diagnosed with fasting reading of13.9

Thursday
No fasting reading and then 14.2 then 12.5 then 10.5 then 17.1

Friday
Fasting 13.5 then 10.8 then 9.4

Saturday
Fasting 7.6 then 17.0 then 11.7 then 11.8

Sunday
Fasting 8.8 then 11.3 so far

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi RED. Good news; well done. As you can see you are able to take some control of your diabetes and make improvements.

borlanddj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi

One of the things I discovered was that the forum has a lot of advice and help and there is always someone to talk to. When you get over the first shocks of being diagnosed, have a read of the various different articles as they not only answer a lot of the questions you have, but they do give some very good options and choices which have worked for others. But... what works for others may not work for you and you do have to eat to your meter. Remember that nothing is denied to you, but you might have to have less of it and also you may have to look at alternatives. There are some really good low carb recipes on this forum which gives a great range of things to eat.
Remember you have to live with diabetes but it doesnt have to own you. Good luck it really isnt the end of the world

RED 96

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far with the biggest change in my life I think I have ever faced. It wont beat me though

RED 96

This site is an absolute fountain of knowledge and I am so glad I came across it.

I am almost 2 weeks on now from diagnosis. I have an appointment with the doctor today and I hope she will be pleased with results so far.

My last 4 Fasting BG readings have been 7.3, 8.3, 6.6 & today 7.7. The biggest reading in last 4 days 2 hrs after meal is 12.2.

Have also had readings of 8.6, 10.2, 11.3, 10.9, 10.1, 9.3 in last 4 days and after breakfast this morning 7.1.

It is improving for sure.

welsh_kev

Hi red
Im about 10 weeks post diagnosis of t2.
Can honestly say that in that time, i have read and read this forum, totally changed my diet (very low carb), lost in excess of 2 stone (and loosing), and never felt fitter or healthier!
Still early days for me and you. Stick to it and take small steps. It all adds up

Kev

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
RED and Welshkev... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: keep going ... it's well worth the effort. :thumbup:

RED 96

Diagnosed t2 2 weeks tomorrow. BG readings coming down nicely.
However, getting a bit bored with diet from time to time to say the least.
What do people try when they get an urge for things like pastry and things like desserts etc. could kill a New York cheesecake right now

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
RED 96 said:
Diagnosed t2 2 weeks tomorrow. BG readings coming down nicely.
However, getting a bit bored with diet from time to time to say the least.
What do people try when they get an urge for things like pastry and things like desserts etc. could kill a New York cheesecake right now
I quite happily eat the cheesecake filling, I just don't eat the crust. Or you could make your own low carb version.

Here's a great recipe for one:
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com.au/20 ... ecake.html