Type 3 Diabetes

bestshot

Hi everyone
I am new to the forum but have found it the most useful source of infomation since being diagnosed with Type 3 in feb this year. Does anyone out there know anything about Type 3?

I would be very grateful to throw a little light on the subject :?

Many thanks

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,
I wonder what you actually mean by type 3. Unfortunately beyond type 1 and 2 there is no standard definition.
The link given by Sue above is to problems related to alzheimers. This has been called type 3 in some articles. A few sources also refer to double diabetes ie type 1 with insulin resistance as type 3
More officially, the types of diabetes called 'other' (and listed third ) in the WHO official classifications are called type 3. They are then subdivided into several sections.
I've included some of the more 'common' examples for each category... but only where I understand what they are, some of the conditions are very rare

Type 3A: genetic defect in beta cells. (this includes MODY, maternally inherited diabetes and deafness))
Type 3B: genetically related insulin resistance. (Donohue syndrome [also known as Leprechaunism])
Type 3C: diseases of and trauma to the pancreas. (eg pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer Haemochromatosis, cystic fibrosis, pancreatectomy)
Type 3D: caused by hormonal defects. (eg Cushing’s disease and syndrome )
Type 3E: caused by chemicals or drugs.(eg Glucocorticoids ,β-Blockers )
Type 3F caused by infections (Congenital rubella)
Type 3G Uncommon forms of immune-mediated diabetes (‘Stiff man/ person’ syndrome)
Type 3H other (Down’s syndrome)
(type 4 is gestational)
And sometimes on forums, partners and parents of people with diabetes are said to have type 3 :lol:

leather_ferret

Dislikes
Doctors who think they know more than they do and are too arrogant to refer you on when they reach the limits of their ability.
Celebratory status, insane wages high fashion and womens make-up
(I'll get shot syaing things like that! :o))
Hi,

As phoenix pointed out, anything beyond T1 T2 is a right jumble and ' 3 ' seems to be the lucky number for researchers into all manner of diabetic disorders around the world..

I prefer to stick with the WHO classification and hope that eventually they will all get their houses in order.

the WHO Type 3c is effectively type 1, but blood sugar levels can be very unpredictable with rapid and extreme swings. This used to be described as 'brittle diabetes'.... but no surprise, so too were other variants of diabetes..... lack of good classification of the disease is nothing new.

My T3c is due to chronic pancreatitis and the fact that almost all of my pancreas has eaten itself.
Particular problems can arise since the healthy pancreas produces both Insulin and glucagon.
Glucagon is the chemical messenger that instructs the liver to dump glucose into the blood and is the key part of the body's glucose regulation system

Effectively you have a double whammy with both control mechanisms being stuffed up when the pancreas is badly damaged

You need to talk to your Doc and find out why they have classified your diabetes type 3 and ask what practical differences/difficulties you are likely to encounter over and above the the 'normal' type 1 (or2) and what help they will be giving you to deal with it.

If you do get any info, I for one would be most keen to learn more.

Be good and be lucky

Dave

alihilly

I think it is of particular importance to classify diabetes right from the begininning of djagnosis of diabetes ,i have seen two patients who were diagnosed to have type two DM which were actually discovered later to have type3C DM (pancreatic carcinoma) so it is of paramount importance to classify DM right from the beginning in order not to misdiagnose other rare types of DM which is for the patient himself is the only disease that he has(100%) and rare for others

bashar_lucky

What constitutes polygenic disorder sort three continues to be considerably a matter for dialogue. thus thought of the condition could be a harder one. Scientists have found that sort three presents a a lot of complicated downside than varieties one and a couple of. it's involved with the functioning of the central system and is coupled to a study of Alzheimer's disease.

As yet, there's no official scientific definition of sort three. However, scientists started mistreatment the term attributable to the results of a study. Researchers at the North American nation Brown school of medicine created a stimulating discovery in 2005. They found that the brain plays a vital role in endocrine production. In conjunction with the exocrine gland, it's to blame for the endocrine created, utilised and hold on in our bodies.

The theory is that sort three might occur when: the brain now not accepts the endocrine that is being created. nonetheless it should consider the endocrine for sure components of it to survive. components begin to die because it rejects the endocrine.

In the study, patients show neurologic deterioration. Receptors conjointly stop functioning properly. The researchers known a typical deficit in areas like the: frontal area, neural structure and hippocampus.

The scientists found that this sort of the malady isn't suffering from blood sugar levels. Sufferers of polygenic disorder are: sixty fifth a lot of doubtless than traditional to develop Alzheimer's disease. This light-emitting diode some to think about Alzheimer's as having links to polygenic disorder.

Research disclosed that individuals with sort a pair of have bound supermolecule deposits within the exocrine gland. Similar deposits were found during this region of Alzheimer's sufferers. Resistance to endocrine has currently been coupled to neurologic degeneration. endocrine and connected proteins square measure created by the brain and reduced levels square measure coupled to Alzheimer's.

It can be that within the future, Alzheimer's disease is taken into account a sort of polygenic disorder. The conclusion of the report was that there can be the simplest way of categorizing the illness as a type. This successively, light-emitting diode individuals to use the name: sort three as if it had been a true medical term.

In reality, there's not a selected style of polygenic disorder known as sort three. All the scientists were doing were work potential links to Alzheimer's. what's clear is that there's a link between brain harm and reduced endocrine production.