Accu Chek Mobile

Napolyon1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I used the accu cheek mobile to test my BS this morning then compared the results with meter clinic gave me the accu cheek was way out!

Trina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who don't try, negative thinking
Hi

Yes, I did have an Accu-chek mobile but I've recently moved on to a pump and unfortunately it doesn't use that type of blood testing machine. However, to answer your question, yes, I was able to get the cassettes for both the finger pricking device (which I am still using) and the actual mobile itself. Oh it was so much easier to use than any other one I've used. However, like I say I've moved on to the Accu-Chek Combo Pump now and its absolute heaven, but have taken step backwards with the blood testing device, have gone back to using strips. Good luck :thumbup:

KennyS

Used mine through a full 3 months testing cycle and am very happy with it. One of the things that always worried me was its accuracy with respect to lab tested HbA1c tests. While any meter 'should' be consistent enough to test for reactions in different foods, I would like to be confident that if I go to the doctor and say my levels are ... for instance very high... that they are REALLY very high. Anyway, I did extensive testing (avarage 6.3 tests per day) over the last 3 months and estimated my HbA1c test would be 36 or 5.4% in old money..... My HbA came back 2 days ago...... 5.4%. Given that meters, even 2 meters of the same model have a huge leeway of 20%.... My Accu Check Mobile is a keeper. Test strips are pretty expensive but I can live with that to know that it is telling me the truth.

Would also like to comment about a couple of things said earlier about battery life. When I first started using the Mobile, I didn't manage to open the testing cover completely. It appeared to be open but wasn't. It gave the appearance of dead batteries. I changed batteries twice before I figured out that it was my error.

Edit: To add... in an accumulated 533 tests to date, I have had only 2 errors and perhaps a half a dozen 'insufficient blood sample' errors..... perhaps I just drill a little deeper... dono...

Hope this helps...
Kenny :wave:

Reactions: 2 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Not tried the Accu Chek Mobile but have been using the Accu Chek Aviva for a few years now and I would just like to add to this thread that Accu Chek are very good when it comes to service.

I was going through my filing cabinet yesterday throwing out old irrelevant stuff that I seem to accumulate and came across an old software CD for the Accu Chek 360* software that I was unable to use when I got it as I had just installed windows 7 at the time and they didnt have the drivers.

Anyway i called them yesterday and asked about getting some new drivers and they said that they would send me a new bundle with the software CD's the interface and manual for free, and not only that they said that they would send me a nice new Aviva meter too, by courier!!

Now thats what I call good service, I only wanted to know where I could download some drivers for the old software :thumbup:

SueR

I can't fault their service either and have found them far, far better than other manufacturers.

I sent them an e mail asking them about the newer version of the Mobile and received a reply which stated there was one in the post for me. No questions about how long I'd had the other meter, nothing. I use their stationary too as I like the layout and find it easy to check results.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Accu Check..

emeles

I have used accu chek for some years including mark one and two of the mobile which is an excellent product. Strips provided without issue from GP to test 4 times per day and don't have issue with failed tests....perhaps 1 or 2 per 50 cartridge.
Only frustration is currently out of uk on business and forgot to bring spare cartridge and existing one has run out. So no testing for 48 hrs - I will survive but maybe if the device had a sound alert when done to a preset level it would help.

Tez_Ann_J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got an Accu-Chek Mobile when they first came out as was already using an earlier 'manual' form and simply upgraded. Keep one in my handbag for work and one at home. I'm lucky that I have never had to pay for strips but do try to keep testing to minimum for safety as I do know they are expensive for my surgery. I think they are great - can literally test 'on the hoof' with no fear of dropping test strips whilst juggling the meter. Recently had a problem with the meter (on a Sunday - Customer Careline still working) but Accu-Chek service was great and they replaced very quickly - delivered by Courier to my workplace within 48 hours (I know - lucky I had a spare). Also replaced the two cassettes which the faulty meter had told me were faulty when it was throwing its toys out. Impressive service. :thumbup:

Reactions: 4 people

bevrogers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am at this very second trying to get my doctor to prescribe the cassettes for my mobile. My surgery stopped supplying them recently. I am waiting for my doctor to phone back. Has anyone any ideas what argument I could to help me, thanks
This is my first post so may have done this wrong

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am at this very second trying to get my doctor to prescribe the cassettes for my mobile. My surgery stopped supplying them recently. I am waiting for my doctor to phone back. Has anyone any ideas what argument I could to help me, thanks
This is my first post so may have done this wrong
I told my GP that I wasn't doing the tests for her, I was doing them for me. I was eating different types of food and then testing my BS levels.
ie (and this is a very bad example)..................I get up in the morning, test my BS and it is 5.0. I then decide to have a bowl of porridge for brek and after 2 hours I test again.................OOOOOPS BS is now at 11.4. I now know not to have porridge for brek. Same argument goes for dinner and teatime, day after day. This diabetes is a long term learning curve. Also keep records and take them in to the GP's office with you, that way they can see that you are trying to get control of your BS levels.
My GP is very impressed with the amount of data I produce and I even convinced her to reduce my Atorvastatin from 80mg to 20mg purely through my results. Even my dietitian is starting to listen to me more.

Reactions: 6 people

bevrogers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I told my GP that I wasn't doing the tests for her, I was doing them for me. I was eating different types of food and then testing my BS levels.
ie (and this is a very bad example)..................I get up in the morning, test my BS and it is 5.0. I then decide to have a bowl of porridge for brek and after 2 hours I test again.................OOOOOPS BS is now at 11.4. I now know not to have porridge for brek. Same argument goes for dinner and teatime, day after day. This diabetes is a long term learning curve. Also keep records and take them in to the GP's office with you, that way they can see that you are trying to get control of your BS levels.
My GP is very impressed with the amount of data I produce and I even convinced her to reduce my Atorvastatin from 80mg to 20mg purely through my results. Even my dietitian is starting to listen to me more.

bevrogers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
After speaking to my GP he was adamant that the practice won't allow him to prescribe strips for the aviva mobile, only for this new huge monitor that they supply. I feel quite upset about this, but he would not budge!!

zjed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy Doctors and Endos
I must have 10 different meters in my cupboard but the AccuChek Mobile is the meter I use every day, it's so convenient not having to handle strips.
I get about a 5% error rate on 'not enough blood' or 'meter error'. Luckily in Australia, all strips cost the same $16.20 per 100, what do you pay in the UK?

simplyalex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheese & Needles (Only 50% unlucky)
I can relate to a lot of the comments on here such as the meter not accepting the amount of blood even though there is enough to test with. But the problem for me, as someone else mentioned, is that when I test it against my Glucomen GM meter it appears to be way off. I'm not sure which I trust more but I'm glad someone else brought it up. Does anyone else experience this?

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I've just been diagnosed T2 and waiting for a bank of appointments but already been out and bought a meter. All I wanted to say was that if you compare readings from different meters you're bound to get slightly different results because of calibrations, but, from what I'm reading if the meter is a few years old it looks like you might be able to get a free replacement, as most of the companies make their money the strips. So no harm in giving them a call and probably one of the most important freebie you'll ever get...

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
Even if you test from the same meter, from the same finger, one after another, you quite often get different readings. That goes for all meters. There is no meter on the market that is 100% accurate.