herbal supplements to regulate female hormones?

agold

Hi, I'm desperately trying to reduce my HbA1c which continually hovers around the 8% mark, despite carb counting, insulin adjustments, continual testing and trying a pump. The biggest spanner in the works is my hormones! I have a lot of insulin resistance before my period (sorry guys!), during my period, then from a few days up to a week after my period (guessing ovulation). The problem is these times are not always at exactly the same time each month, and not necessarily every month either, so it's so hard to adjust my ratios to them - by the time I've worked it out, it's all over :crazy: !

What I'd really like to know is if anyone can recommend a good herbal supplement that I could take that might regulate my hormone levels, to keep them on an even keel. If I could just get that side of things stabilised, then I think this would help reduce overall sugar levels a lot.

Any advice greatly received! :wink:

World Hereafter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Agnus Castus is meant to be the number 1 hormone re-balancer... you could also could try Borage Oil (now package as "starflower oil" by many places!).

am not qualified herbalist, so perhaps seek professional herablist/naturopath's advice first?

good luck! :thumbup:

agold

World Hereafter said:
Agnus Castus is meant to be the number 1 hormone re-balancer... you could also could try Borage Oil (now package as "starflower oil" by many places!).

am not qualified herbalist, so perhaps seek professional herablist/naturopath's advice first?

good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip - I've just read about Agnus Castus actually- it's also called 'Chasteberry' apparently! I've just ordered that one, plus Evening Primrose Oil and Magnesium - let's hope I see some results! :thumbup: