Diabetes type 2 and VAT relief

Nikkig

After a protracted discussion with a shop assistant today please could I have an opinion as to whether I, as a type 2 diet controlled, am entitled to test strips with VAT relief?

Thank you in anticipation :wave:

mrndnn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I find this most odd. My surgery give me test kit, needles, strips as and when I need them via prescription, which are thus free to me as a diabetic on meds and insulin. This should be the case for us all :think:

RobsterinSheff

Dislikes
Type 2 diabetes; Hashimotos; English weather; arrogant and self centered people
Hi

Every time I go to Boots in the centre of Sheffield for my strips I use the form downloaded from the site.

Every time I do I get a third degree from the 'health care assistants' (as Boots re-badged their pharmacy shop workers some time ago). Quite often I get the 'shouting from one till to the other' treatment i.e. "xyz, gentlemen here has diabetes and says he does not have to pay VAT on his strips" etc etc

Eventually the Organ grinder (Pharmacist) comes and tells the monkeys that yes I am indeed entitled to a VAT exempt purchase. Usually this whole process takes 8-10 minutes when it should take less than 2 without the privacy intrusion as the entire shop learns about my health condition!

Bear with it though: until we can get prescription strips its a sweet discount to get :D

Signs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
RobsterinSheff said:
Quite often I get the 'shouting from one till to the other' treatment i.e. "xyz, gentlemen here has diabetes and says he does not have to pay VAT on his strips" etc etc
Seriously, I think I'd be having a word with the manager about privacy and confidentiality.

RobsterinSheff

Dislikes
Type 2 diabetes; Hashimotos; English weather; arrogant and self centered people
Seriously, I think I'd be having a word with the manager about privacy and confidentiality.

Two of the last three times I have bought strips this has happened.

I need the next batch in two weeks- I'll see what happens.