When do you take your basal (long acting) Insulin?

When do you take your Basal (long acting) insulin?

• Before Breakfast

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Before Lunch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Before Dinner

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Before Bedtime

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters

Neicy0412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I can' vote as you haven't given an option for splitting the dose, I take mine both before breakfast and with my evening meal, approx 12 hours apart

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
I take Levemir twice a day. 32 units each time.

I was on Lantus for a while, but that didn't have much of an effect on my BG levels. Levemir has been much more effective. I tend to take mine in the morning, when I get into work, (9am/10am), then 12 hours later.

JMM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not many.
I used to take my Basal Insulin at night but found I had high readings in the morning, I think it was too strong after first injecting and after moving to morning it it much easier to control. I have also found my Blood Sugars mucg easier to control and I don't need as much.

Pearsall85

I'm currently taking it around 9pm but I'm looking to change it with my consultant as around late afternoon the next day I feel it's running out and it's making it difficult to have anything to eat of an evening if I'm hungry.

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Impossible to help with your poll, as I take 2 injections of long acting per day.

Sugar free Stu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have always taken mine (Lantus) at night 25u about 8pm however 3 months ago was also instructed to also take a morning shot so now 26u pm & 15u am. Does anyone else take this amount in this style of routine? When starting am shots there was no reduction to pm shot.