Tory moron

B

badcat

A Tory mp who's also a gp has recommended that diabetics should pay for ther own medication to save the nhs money. The moron failed to take into account that the most expensive thing about us is the cost of complications (no **** Sherlock) and that if lots of diabetics stop taking the meds cos they can't afford the charges then complications will only increase!.
Lord preserve me from Tory tosspots!!!

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Badcat .. check the thread named Don't Involve Yourself in the Blame Game you'll find quite a few heated posts about this same topic. I've posted a copy of the email I sent to the p rick today. It was either that or have a bl***y stroke! :x

candyfloss

Dislikes
Processed foods and refined carbohydrates!
A politician who is a GP? I cant think of a worse combination.

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
actually, I'm surprised that he has the time to do both... both jobs are supposed to be full time roles... MPs are always moaning that they're overworked and have loads of late night sittings...

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Paul_c said:
actually, I'm surprised that he has the time to do both... both jobs are supposed to be full time roles... MPs are always moaning that they're overworked and have loads of late night sittings...

Oh they have plenty of time to do lots of things ... become MPs, attend lots of committee meetings etc. They have Practice Managers now to run the practice, they have Locum doctors and Practice Nurses to see to the patients and they have lots of posters up in the waiting room telling patients if they have flu to stay at home!

And of course, they always have that old excuse which Receptionists love using - "doctor is terribly busy today, do you really need to see him - to which I've many a time replied 'Noooooooo, course I don't need to see him, I'm fine really, I just made this telephone call because I felt like a nice little chat with you. :roll:

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is not nice to call anyone a Moron. :thumbdown: ( The Tories have lost my vote )

The MP Doctor is only trying to succeed in his career as a MP. :twisted:

Please have some pity for this "PLONKER" as he has just shot himself in the foot. :oops:

Roy. :)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
izzzi said:
It is not nice to call anyone a Moron. :thumbdown: ( The Tories have lost my vote )

The MP Doctor is only trying to succeed in his career as a MP. :twisted:

Please have some pity for this "PLONKER" as he has just shot himself in the foot. :oops:

Roy. :)

Roy, normally I would find some pity somewhere inside me, but in this case I can't because if he was doing his job as a GP efficiently (which judging by his knowledge of diabetes, he's a long way from keeping up with his education and obviously hasn't seen a patient in years and/or doesn't listen to them when he does see them) he wouldn't have the time for a career in politics. I can't see how he can do justice to each of those roles. This GP thinks he knows it all - and that + politics is very dangerous. I wouldn't want him as my GP or as my MP either.

He is as you rightly said - a PLONKER
:)

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mr Lee has certainly caused a reaction, maybe that was his intention.
Obviously his doughnuts for breakfast etc statement was completely over the top and I can understand peoples indignation.
A pity because I think that he's right about the possible future of the NHS.

I've been trying, so far without success, to find the full text of his speech because one wonders how accurately it has been reported.
For example the Spectator wrote that
Lee proposes removing the right to free prescriptions for those with diabetes and other similar illnesses.
but the Telegraph quotes him as saying
“The current situation, when diabetics and people with an under-active thyroid are entitled to all drugs to be free is just indefensible, plainly daft. There is scope here to reduce or flatten out the health care budget"

Which could mean something rather different.

The system here in France means that I get my care/drugs for diabetes related things free because it is a chronic disease It doesn't apply to anything else.
If I need some antibiotics, as happened last year, when Ineeded a tetanus jab and some steri strips, I have to pay part of the bill, just the same as anyone else here . It's a different system so it would be at least 30% of the cost( some covered by insurance) The equivalent in the UK would be to pay the appropriate prescription charge (which older people. people on certain benefits and children don't pay anyway)
I think that makes total sense. When the problem is not caused by diabetes, we are no different to anyone else so why should we be charged any differently?

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the link to the speech. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... ility.html

If the NHS and their Trust did go bankrupt. What will happen?
Our government cannot give a answer.

Mathematical numbers for a clean bill of health after a bankrupt NHS, show results of a better outcome in the future of our health.

Roy.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I used that link and registered so that I could make a comment, but when I got to the end of the registration process it wouldn't accept any of the usernames I gave, so I just gave up. Hmmm ... :think:

robertwt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Rudeness, bad driving, incautious use of English
Isn't Philly white, rather dense and tasteless?

:p

Tootse

phoenix said:
The system here in France means that I get my care/drugs for diabetes related things free because it is a chronic disease. It doesn't apply to anything else.
If I need some antibiotics, as happened last year, when Ineeded a tetanus jab and some steri strips, I have to pay part of the bill, just the same as anyone else here . It's a different system so it would be at least 30% of the cost( some covered by insurance) The equivalent in the UK would be to pay the appropriate prescription charge (which older people. people on certain benefits and children don't pay anyway)
I think that makes total sense. When the problem is not caused by diabetes, we are no different to anyone else so why should we be charged any differently?

That does make sense phoenix . I have always bought a yearly prescription prepayment card for around £104, which saves me a lot of money over the year. I've had at least 7-8 prescribed medications every month on repeat for years before Metformin and Simvastatin were added in July this year. I've continued to use the card as it is valid until January 2013.

I still don't quite understand why, as diabetics, we can now get everything free.

Karl Fenn

GraceK said:
Badcat .. check the thread named Don't Involve Yourself in the Blame Game you'll find quite a few heated posts about this same topic. I've posted a copy of the email I sent to the p rick today. It was either that or have a bl***y stroke! :x
Yes, you right about tory morons, they are so inbred they are half mad, the tories are trying to make money from diabetis and
explote them with their masonic friends in the insurance companies, they are basically a deceitful mafia who make to much
money and don't want to pay tax, I have had dealind with the M.P's they are corrupt and appear to want to dish out punishment
to anyone who stands up for their rights, yes you guessed it using the old school tie mafia, glad you have the guts to stand up
against them, welcome to the front line. Karl

Karl Fenn

I would agree about G.P's these day's they are useless, making far to much money and concentrating on their investments
and multiple properties to think about patients, it's all designer suites and rolex type watches with them these day's. I remeber
an associate of mine dies three years ago, they were sending out staff in sports cars to collect urine samples, does not say
much for the NHS these day's, when you're that overpaid you can't concentrate on your job properly, they have to much
going on to do so, thinking about the fortunes they are making. Carl. PS I don't think they like diabetic patients to much work
for them, they like a quick in, quick out, don't forget your antibiotics. Carl.