Levels between 10 and 13.
I suspect I will have to go on insulin. Has
Someone been in my position?

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have no idea whether your pancreas is worn out or not. You need to tell us what your diet consists of, so possibly we could advise you of some changes to it and maybe postpone going onto insulin.

If you haven't already read it, read the intro for newbies to the forum viewtopic.php?f=39&t=26870 (it says newly diagnosed but it is still worth reading).

mish1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi JCWestGate and welcome

Diet and medication does help but there may come a time when your pancreas is knackered and then you will need to go on insulin.

After 25 years of diet and meds you probably know more about diabetes than most folk on here :D

Might be a good idea to have a chat with your doctor and ask for a referral to your local diabetes team , they should be able to do some tests to see how your pancreas is doing.

If you do need to go on insulin it isn't your fault - it happens .

cheers
Hamish
Ipswich

Spirit of Eden

Similar. I was taking similar oral meds up until about 2 months ago. Since switching to insulin only my personal experience has been really positive. Much better control and not as invasive as I thought. It's been a really positive thing for me. For the first time I feel like I have the tools to get everything under control

MaryJ

Very interesting posts

Please let us know how you get on JCWESTGATE.

Would also be interesting to know your diet

Mary x

Napolyon1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'v been type 2 for many years taking metformin & other meds but my B/S has gone up into the high twenties Dr told me my pancreas no longer producing any insulin, so I'm now on two kinds of insulin a day. I now know how a pin cushion feels, hahaha. Sorry about that.