chemotherapy

garamilo

How long after starting chemotherapy does it take to lose your hair? My girlfriend just started her first cycle of chemotherapy for her Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Her chemotherapy regimen includes doxorubicin, vincristine, cyclophosphamide and prednisone. I was just wondering how long it will take for her to lose her hair. Is it a week after the start of treatment?

elainechi

i think my friend lost hers a couple of cycles into chemo.......it was quite funny really as we had to go to a+e as she has a picc line and it looked yuk....anyway that was the evening she lost her hair...it fell out every step she took...a trail of long brown hair everywhere......lovely for them not as they had to keep sweeping it up
by the way she had a wig but never wore it....just a hat or bald..........she lost all her hair..body hair too...no waxing for her
but now her hair is lovely again...so when it happens have a giggle

elainechi

and good luck with her treatment.......eat what she wants when she wants as there be times when she feels really yuk but she.ll get to know her cycle of good and bad....hugs to you both xxxxxx

WhitbyJet

garamilo said:
How long after starting chemotherapy does it take to lose your hair? My girlfriend just started her first cycle of chemotherapy for her Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Her chemotherapy regimen includes doxorubicin, vincristine, cyclophosphamide and prednisone. I was just wondering how long it will take for her to lose her hair. Is it a week after the start of treatment?

So sorry your girlfriend has to go through this, sending positive thoughts and hope she makes a good recovery, your love and support will help her through I am sure.
I dont know the answer to your question re hair loss, but I am sending you a link, my sister-in-law works for the Look Good, Feel Better organisation, its a charity that helps women manage the visible side effects of cancer, this is the website http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/site/index.cfm

Try to order the Confidence Kit, its free of charge, donation optional

Pastell

garamilo said:

Hi, I think your girlfriend is having the R-CHOP regimen, it's what I went through pretty much two years ago. My hair started to come out around two weeks after the first cycle. My condition was "diffuse large B cell lymphoma" . The treatment is very effective, sadly the drawback is hair loss. I bit the bullet and shaved my head and got a hat for Christmas but the ladies in my cancer ward who went the same way all got bandanas and some were very striking.
Best wishes and good luck.
Best regards Paul.