Type 1 and HRT

Cobra3164

Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello all. I am due to start hormone replacement therapy at 48 years young :D In a week. I have been looking into the hormone I will be given by injection every 10 to 12 weeks and found a few articles indicating that HRT can affect blood sugar. I will be having the hormome replacement called Nebido 1g every dose and Iwas wondering if there are any type 1 males who are on that treatment and how it may have affected their diabetes and BG readings, plus also if you can any non desirable side effects you may have had.

Thank you for reading

Simon aka Cobra3164

Pastell

Cobra3164 said:
Hello all. I am due to start hormone replacement therapy at 48 years young :D In a week. I have been looking into the hormone I will be given by injection every 10 to 12 weeks and found a few articles indicating that HRT can affect blood sugar. I will be having the hormome replacement called Nebido 1g every dose and Iwas wondering if there are any type 1 males who are on that treatment and how it may have affected their diabetes and BG readings, plus also if you can any non desirable side effects you may have had.

Thank you for reading

Simon aka Cobra3164

OK, I'm T2 on insulin only and Nebido is AFAIK a testosterone replacement therapy by injection. I use a gel daily as testosterone replacement and my BG's are stable. I realize I haven't answered your question, I'm just forwarding my own experience.