Failure

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Needles Of Any Kind :(
All week my blood sugar levels are getting ever higher. :shock:

Blood sugar level - 1st December - Time 08.23am - HbA1c: 11.08 / 17.6 - mmol/L
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blood sugar level - 2nd December - Time 08.00am - HbA1c: 10.04 / 15.6 - mmol/L
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blood sugar level - 3rd December - Time 07.37am - HbA1c: 09.02 / 13.6 - mmol/L
Blood sugar level - 4th December - Time 11.36am - HbA1c: 10.09 / 15.7 - mmol/L
Blood sugar level - 5th December - Time 10.51am - HbA1c: 12.07 / 19.6 - mmol/L
Blood sugar level - 6th December - Time 09.25am - HbA1c: 14.07 / 23.6 - mmol/L
Blood sugar level - 7th December - Time 06.55am - HbA1c: 20.09 / 35.5 - mmol/L

How high exactly will this get before its dangerous?. :problem:

Going to the doctors later this morning for yet another blood test for my sugar levels and liver / kidney.

Fraddycat

Hiya, have you tried modifying your diet? I am not sure what you have already tried but if you can cut back on some of the carbohydrates in your diet you might find that those numbers start to come down and you start to feel weller. I find bread is particularly evil for me so I don't eat it at all, and things like jacket potatoes have a negative effect on me, making me sleepy and sluggish. Perhaps you can post what you are eating in a day so that we can help with suggestions ...

The numbers are high so its good you are going to check with your doc.

Failure

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Needles Of Any Kind :(
Since i was diagnosed as a T2 diabetic as instructed by my doctor i am now on a strict diet and have cut back on carbohydrates in a big way.

I mainly eat rice with different flavors, also eat fish. and some potatoes.

welsh_kev

Hi, you are doing the wise thing getting back to the docs, most important thing to do is done panic and try and stop stressing, im sure you will get to grips with matters soon.
One little point however, only my experience however) i strictly avoid both rice and potatoes as they send my levels through the roof, brown rice is slightly better but not much.
Hope you get sorted soon

Kev

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Are your tests with a meter in which case they are not HB1ac blood tests but standard blood sugar tests. Are you taking these 2 hours after a meal? Your GP needs to do a (real) HBa1C test and if outside NICE guidelines you will need to review your medication. As others have said, keeping your carb intake sensibly low is important. Are you overweight? Are you quite young?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rice is a carbohydrate. Rice can make blood sugar levels go very high very quickly.