I've hit "the wall". Just venting - sorry.

Cenynpedr

It's been 10 months since my 4 year old daughter was diagnosed type 1, I thought that was bad enough, but luckily had fantastic support from my Mum who was by my side and didn't shy away from the condition, unlike the other members of the family. Unfortunately 2 months later, my daugher made a disclosure that her step grandad had been touching her in innapropriate places. We've been through police investigations, social services, councelling for my son, and now we're on the other side of the abuse investigation process, minus my Mum who decided to stay with my daugher's abuser.

I've battled on, barely holding onto my job. I have no childcare now, and struggle through every school holiday. I feel so lonely, having lost my Mum who was my best friend and confidant. My husband is supportive, but works away a lot.

I put on a brave face, but I miss the way things were so badly and feel like my life is over. Everyone around me gets to carry on, whilst I have to sacrifice and give up everything because of a scum bag. Today is a bad day, sorry everyone, I just needed to vent.

tazzle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
so sorry that you are going through all this :( ...... any medical conditions produce stressful times never mind what has been happening in the family.

Have you had support with counselling as well as your son ... if not it might certainly be a good idea. Can you access the same source of the counselling.

You will have bad days ......... but I speak from expereince when I say that it will get better, your life is not over. Be there for your daughter even though you of course need acknowledgment and support for your own losses to.... they must not be denied or ignored.... but she needs you more than ever ! You have a supportive husband :angel: ........ value him too.

Things will improve.... altered for sure ..... but they will improve.

I really feel for you - life can be so **** tough at times. Please ask for some help - go to your GP and let them know what you are going through - I find talking really does help. Are there any support groups near you - for diabetes, carers, victim support or something? There's always someone at the end of the line at Samaritans - you do not have to be suicidal to call them. I've been at the end of my tether in the past and a gentle, non-judgemental person can be wonderful to talk to especially in the wee hours of the night when there is no-one else to speak to.

Is there someone at work who knows what you are going through? Just to explain why you are struggling might mean you can get an extra bit of leeway when you need it.

Finding childcare is so difficult when your child has extra needs - I was so lucky when I found a childcare who was studying and who wanted to use my daughter and her condition and needs as a case study!

I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers. Life will get better - I promise you it will. xxx