The other side to diabetes

• Thread starter Deleted member 45091
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 45091

Want to share my experiences, what iam trying to say ok my stuff what i do isnt the political correct to do things and the maajority will think denial being an idiot etc.. well ok ive heard that many times if you drink and smoke bla bla bla you obviously you dont care about your diabetes.. for me personally i do a ton of things i think about diabetes everyday and automatically ok my sugars can get up and down but i check regular eat regualr check ketones check my tongue daily for signs of dehydration etc how many diabetics do that? i drink alot of water to keep my body flushed out and even down to ive recently got married iam abit youger than my now wife iam 32 shes 39 with 3 kids abit older i have a 13 year old girl that lives we my ex partner, and my partner would like a child together as we are married but i refuse point blank, as a massive doubt i dont want to pass on the gene just in case, i can handle it, diabetes is my cross to bear.. but i dont want a chance to pass it on.. sorry for going on.. just want to say even though my diabetes dosent show perfect control i do think about my well being without it taking over my life..thanks for reading love you all loads danx

Love you too Dan - thanks for your honesty - nobody is perfect.

I was quite upset when my diabetic daughter announced she did not want a child in case he / she became diabetic. I guess I would be upset both for the child and for my daughter as having diabetes and/or looking after someone with diabetes can be hard work and heartbreaking. I am also proud of her for thinking about the responsibility of having a child and some of the consequences. Several of her friends have babies and they have only just left school. :crazy:

Anyway I hope you have a great relationship with your daughter and your stepkids and your new partner.

Best wishes

xxx

Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stress and feeling exhausted.
Hi Danny,
I think it is up to personal choice as to whether to go ahead and have kids that may be prone to diabetes. I have had a son, who is now 16, and doesn't have diabetes. My brother didn't get diabetes or any of the other auto immune complaints that I have and his two children are free too. I think its good that you have made your mind up and I wish you well with your relationship, but Type 1 diabetes doesn't automatically transfer into your childrens genes. Ive had diabetes for a long time as well as other auto- immune conditions. I didn't expect to become pregnant but when I discovered that I was, that was it and I haven't looked back at all. I think that life and fate can be interlinked. Diabetes can be a hard cross to bear, but so are other illnesses and challenges in life generally.
I feel that happiness and joy comes from the heart and mind and not from a fear of life and its obsticles, although living with obstacles can lead to a fuller understanding of life and the joys within it are more appreciated.
Best , Geri