feeling low on energy

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, yesterday i was feeling hungry, dizzy, shaky, out of breath at around half 12 until 1pm when i had something to eat and checked my sugar levels and they were at 5.2 before i had dinner and this morning they were 12.1. I know that 5.2 is not exactly a hypo but i felt like that if i didn't have anything to eat that i would pass out.

By the way, i am going to tell this to my diabetes nurse at hospital when i go to see her on Tuesday about future plans and what to do next.

Reactions: Sephora

l0vaduck

akindrat18 said:
Hi, yesterday i was feeling hungry, dizzy, shaky, out of breath at around half 12 until 1pm when i had something to eat and checked my sugar levels and they were at 5.2 before i had dinner and this morning they were 12.1. I know that 5.2 is not exactly a hypo but i felt like that if i didn't have anything to eat that i would pass out.

Can I just clarify - did you do a blood test while you were having the symptoms? I know some people call their midday meal dinner but others refer to their evening meal as dinner.

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
l0vaduck said:
akindrat18 said:

Can I just clarify - did you do a blood test while you were having the symptoms? I know some people call their midday meal dinner but others refer to their evening meal as dinner.

Yes i did and with some luck i got my fingers to stay still, then i had something to eat. I also know that some people refer their midday meal or evening meal to dinner.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like a 'false hypo' to me. When you have been running high blood sugar levels and then they are much lower, the body thinks that this is not right and you get the symptoms of a hypo. It isn't a hypo. When you get your levels down all the time, this will stop, your body just has a little bit of adjustment to do.

Maybe you felt like you were having a hypo as your BS levels were dropping quickly?

Have you had a hypo before and what were your numbers? Different meters give different readings and different people experience hypo at different BS levels.

Also if your hands were not clean, your BS may be lower and if your hands are not dry, your BS may be higher.

Hope you are feeling better.