Another 1 for the 5% club !

eggplant

So happy, first six month diabetic review yesterday... (diagnosed May 2012) - HbA1c now = 39 mmol/mol. Okay, not as fast as you GraceK but hey, I'm darned happy about it. :lol: DSN's comment - that's a 'non-diabetic' result - you're 'cured' - well, except research hasn't confirmed there is a cure, so all we can say is you're in remission. :) LOL (Have to say, have had a very good relationship with my DSN throughout, she's been ace).

Good result - off all meds, now control by diet and exercise only (started on insulin 2 x 14 units a day, 3 x 500 mg Metformin and 2 x 40g Simvastatin when first diagnosed back in May). :) Not so good result - no more test strips on prescription. :( (DSN had that uncomfortable "Oh no, I've got to have the test strip conversation now" look on her face when I said I intended to go on testing, at least periodically. :lol: I like her and I know she's caught between a rock and a hard place (aka: PCT) so I forgive her. Chuckle.

Current weight - under 11 st (10 st 13 lb) for the first time in decades! Yay!. Lost nearly 60 lbs since Christmas 2011 (when it was 14st 11lbs).

Didn't LCHF but did reduce carbs (avg 140g daily) and lots of exercise (mainly walking).

Cholesterol 5.1 (down from 7)
HDL 1.8 (up from 1.4)
LDL 2.8 (down from 4.9)
Triglycerides 1.1 (down from 1.9)
Ratio 2.8 (down from 5)

Happier, healthier. fitter, pleased. Who can say diabetes is all bad?

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
That's brilliant news Eggplant! I'm chuffed for you - great HBA1C AND you've lost a load of weight ... I'm sooooooooo jealous! :sick:

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah!!! Great result well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ann

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Great result eggplant congratulations :clap:

Its a great feeling when you come off insulin isnt it, and for me its been a great motivator to keep my weight down :thumbup:

eggplant

Thanks guys. Yes Sid - coming off insulin was like being given parole. I was so happy! Now not taking any meds and that feels a bit weird (but good). Told not to bother testing any more but I still test, albeit not as intensively. Tested tonight - go figure - 9.7 mmol/L 1 hr after dinner, 8.6 mmol/L 2 hrs after. :-( so much for DSN's suggestion that I was suddenly 'non-diabetic'. LOL still, I will keep on keeping on. With you on the weight loss,Too, Sid - highly motivated on that one, although only have a few pounds to go, about 4/5 lbs before I'm back in normal BMI. :) Happy about that.