price of strips

jessie01

i currently have a caresens meter and strips, i would like to use my old one touch optum meter,,,, am i lkely to be able to get my strips changed over or will the gps not like that. is there much of a cost difference x

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Ive currently got that meter, but don't think I'll get strips for much longer. I would say if your GP's have given you that its because they get a deal on the strips. Ive seen on here several people are being given a different meter as the strips are cheaper.

Due to not getting many strips (I get 50 every 2-3months) I have ordered myself the SD Codefree which seems to have the cheapest strips around. About £5-6 per 50.

If you look online you may be surprised at how expensive the strips are. When I collected my latest prescription of strips for the caresens I asked how much they would be if I bought another pack. £20.

mattr

jessie01 said:
i currently have a caresens meter and strips, i would like to use my old one touch optum meter,,,, am i lkely to be able to get my strips changed over or will the gps not like that. is there much of a cost difference x

I understand it's pennies between them, less than 1% difference.