A PERSONAL REQUEST ...

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Cobra3164 said:
Hi Gracek. I am sorry to hear that news, my wife and myself are Born Again Christians we pray every day for many things and people and be sure this is on our everyday list until he fully recovers I will also ask our prayer group to include him in their prayers.

I pray the love and mighty Grace of Jesus be on his life and that the healing of the Holt Spirit be upon and in his body mending and bringing into line all that needs to be healed. I also pray that even after healing that he is guarded and guided in life and kept away from all devices set against him in the MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS, AMEN.

Simon aka Cobra3164

Thank you Simon ... that's really kind and I appreciate your prayers and everyone elses in whatever form they take. I do believe in the power of heartfelt thought and in the science of the sincere spoken word and you've just reminded me of some decrees I learned a while back which resonated with me, so I'm saying it for Jakub... :)

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sleep is a great healer but, it's good news that he's asking for food and a drink and awake a little now. More prayers and positive thoughts on their way ((((HUGS))))

Ann

WhitbyJet

How is the little man doing now?
Still sending out those positive thoughts to Jakub and family, that includes you Grace :D :D
Good to hear that he is asking for food, lets hope he is on the mend.

Sid, I am so pleased to hear your little one made a full recovery from such a horrific illness, I cannot begin to imagine the worry and fear you and Mrs Sid must have experienced at the time, I dare say you remember it as if it was yesterday. Bad enough to see adults being ill, it always seems worse when there is a child involved.
All the best to you and family and everyone else out there x

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
WhitbyJet said:
How is the little man doing now?
Still sending out those positive thoughts to Jakub and family, that includes you Grace :D :D
Good to hear that he is asking for food, lets hope he is on the mend.

Sid, I am so pleased to hear your little one made a full recovery from such a horrific illness, I cannot begin to imagine the worry and fear you and Mrs Sid must have experienced at the time, I dare say you remember it as if it was yesterday. Bad enough to see adults being ill, it always seems worse when there is a child involved.
All the best to you and family and everyone else out there x

Thanks for that Whitby ... I'm waiting for more news today. I haven't phoned because I know his Mum and everyone else might be either with Jakub or catching up on their sleep. So I've left it that they'll let me know when anything changes. :)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I heard late yesterday evening that Jakub was out of bed yesterday and having some physio on his legs. He was talking a bit more but still gets very, very tired. His Mum said he's improving but still a long way from 'being himself'. Doctors still don't know what's caused his brain swelling but he's still on IV antibiotics which now seem to be working. So he's improving, albeit slowly, which is to be expected in the circumstances. :)

WhitbyJet

GraceK said:
I heard late yesterday evening that Jakub was out of bed yesterday and having some physio on his legs. He was talking a bit more but still gets very, very tired. His Mum said he's improving but still a long way from 'being himself'. Doctors still don't know what's caused his brain swelling but he's still on IV antibiotics which now seem to be working. So he's improving, albeit slowly, which is to be expected in the circumstances. :)

Grace that has to be the best news, he has been able to get out of bed, I am so so happy, I feel for Jakub as if he was my own.
Of course it will take a while until he is back to normal, the little man had some serious issues to fight off, still on IV antibiotics, that alone is enough to knock the stuffing out of you isnt it. Sounds as if he is in good hands at the hospital, hopefully he gets better every day and might even be home for Christmas?

Continuing to send strong positive thoughts to Jakub, you and family x x

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Thank you Whitby ... it does sound like very good news to me. :D I'm hoping and praying he makes a good recovery and that his Mum can get some rest in between trying to look after him and keep her job. She's lost so many jobs because of having to take time off to take care of him. :(

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Grace!

So pleased the little lad looks like he's on the mend. Just wanted to login to let you know I'm thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that Jakub makes a quick recovery.

Smidge

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
smidge said:
Hey Grace!

So pleased the little lad looks like he's on the mend. Just wanted to login to let you know I'm thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that Jakub makes a quick recovery.

Smidge

Awww Smidge ... thank you very much! :thumbup:

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Gracek,

Still sending lots of Prayers for Jakub and all his family,
So nice to hear of Jakub getting better slowly day by day.
(pleased you liked Jakub's little tree)
Roy. :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Wonderful news gracek :thumbup:

Thanks for the update - its appreciated .
Nice to hear , that much needed support - has helped things progress so positively...

Isnt it great when the kiddies start to get better :)
Will still keep jakob and his weary mother and family in my thoughts .

Anna.

taurusmmuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When you read about something like this it makes your own problems seem minuscule. All my thoughts are with him, I hope with all my heart he recovers. Jim.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
taurusmmuk said:
When you read about something like this it makes your own problems seem minuscule. All my thoughts are with him, I hope with all my heart he recovers. Jim.

Thanks Taurusmmuk (I love the pun btw) ... I'm really touched by the responses to Jakub's Mum's plea to me to pray for her son. That's how she put it in her text to me ... "Auntie ... please pray for my son ..." My first instinct was to get other people on board with the prayers in whatever individual style they choose. I'm not religious, but I understand the power of collective thought and how it can be used. And Jakub's Mum has been really supported just knowing that others are thinking of Jakub and wishing him well.

Many thanks to everyone. :clap: :clap: :clap:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I've just heard from Jakub's Mum but not good news. Jakub is now on a cocktail of antibiotics and meds, he's in a lot of pain, has caught another virus in hospital and in short his Mum says she's really scared and doesn't like what she sees. He's had this illness for over a month now and been in hospital for 11 days and she's getting desperate because he seems to be deteriorating rather than improving.
She's going to see the hospital director today to see if she can get some answers.

I wish I had some answers for her. I feel so useless. :(

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Nikkig said:
My prayers continue Grace and hugs to you.

Thanks Nikkig ... I don't know if I'm praying but I'm certainly hoping and wishing and willing with all my heart, that the Universe will bring the healing that Jakub needs.

WhitbyJet

Oh dear God, that is not good news, just when we thought he was recovering. Any chance of gettting another medic to give a second opinion or something? The poor little mite, your poor sister must me out of her mind with worry, I dont suppose he is in no fit state to be flown over to the UK for treatment.
Do they use complementary medicine in Poland? I know we dont here in the UK but I know that hospitals in Sweden, Germany and Switzerland often use herbal and homeopathic remedies in conjunction with orthodox medicine.

Oh Grace I dont know what to say, I am really, really sad tonight after hearing this latest news on little Jakub's condition, let us know if there is anything we can do, feeling as helpless as you do :cry: :cry:
All we can do is keep on sending strong, positive, healing vibes

BlindFaith

Sending huge hugs, positive vibes and loads of healing, happy and good thoughts to you and little Jakob.

Stay strong, hon and please keep us all updated.
((((HUGS))))

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
WhitbyJet said:
Oh dear God, that is not good news, just when we thought he was recovering. Any chance of gettting another medic to give a second opinion or something? The poor little mite, your poor sister must me out of her mind with worry, I dont suppose he is in no fit state to be flown over to the UK for treatment.
Do they use complementary medicine in Poland? I know we dont here in the UK but I know that hospitals in Sweden, Germany and Switzerland often use herbal and homeopathic remedies in conjunction with orthodox medicine.

Oh Grace I dont know what to say, I am really, really sad tonight after hearing this latest news on little Jakub's condition, let us know if there is anything we can do, feeling as helpless as you do :cry: :cry:
All we can do is keep on sending strong, positive, healing vibes

Thanks Whitby ... I really appreciate your thoughts, because I'm absolutely at a loss as to what to say next to my niece. Poland is quite good with complementary meds and various therapies but it's even more expensive than it is here. As a Mum and Grandmum myself I want to wave a magic wand and fix things for my own kids and it's so horrible when children are sick and you feel so powerless and just not in control of the situation. But at the same time, sometimes knowing we're not in control is a good place to be because it allows us to get out of our own way and remember to just 'give the situation up' to whatever higher power or intelligence there is that knows the solution to this. Sometimes saying "I don't know" is the most powerful prayer of all.