dazzer1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People mainly.
Hi Fraddy,

YES re counting the BG as opposed weight watching etc it really feels like I have greater control as there is an objective definitive measure of how well you are doing. I suppose weighing oneself would provide the same in terms of measure of how you are doing but this way feels that much more controlled and informative somehow.

Hi Carty, the nurse took a whole raft of blood samples yesterday and did mention anemia, we both doubted I was but after doing a quick search for b12 deficiency perhaps that was what she had in mind. I will obviously check though once i get my results back.

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW!!!!! 10.9 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dazzer1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People mainly.
I know, I was seriously happily, all smiles lol

This morning my fasting reading was 14.1 which again, is the lowest fasting reading so far, but it jumped to 15.8 2 hours after a shake.

I will obviously keep monitoring but that was a bit disheartening, long way to go yet though.

I will keep it all updated via my diet thread

Stevie2tone

Dislikes
Crocs, Bluetooth headsets, Sun newspaper, Injustice, Robert Mugabe, Australian soap operas, Dodgy Casting Agencies and Cotton wool
dazzer,

well done on turning this around, you did good!!
Try not to get too disheartened, easy to say I know, but DO concentrate on the achievements you have made so far. They far outweigh the blips you my have..
Continue to wish you all the success in this :clap:

dazzer1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People mainly.
Hi Stevie2tone,

thanks so much for that post, it is quite touching really the support and encouragement, help and advice i have received from this site, I am really overwhelmed with the messages on here.

Thank you.

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You sound a lot better now than the 1st time that you posted! :thumbup: You are also doing brilliantly with your BG levels, a massive move in the right direction :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: I look forward to your thread on how you are doing. Keep this up and your GP and nurse will be in for a shock in 3 months time.

Don't worry too much about the metformin, it doesn't do a great deal for BG levels and it does give you some protection for heart problems. It may give you an upset tum at first. If it doesn't settle after a couple of weeks, ask your GP for the slow release version.

Ann

dazzer1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People mainly.
Hi Ann,

lol yes I feel a LOT better than tuesday, Thursday was also a bit shaky given the things the nurse said and it possibly really sinking in for the first time exactly what I am dealing with, but with the results i have had so far and a clear plan for the future I am definitely feeling a a lot better lol

I am undecided on the metformin, I don't have them yet as I have to wait until monday for a family member to get the prescription for me. I read about the heart protection but if i can reduce my bg numbers without, then alls the better, but as said, still undecided, i may give them a go.

As for my diet, these are the depths I have plunged. I have just boiled up some broccoli in water and a little pepper to season. Having eaten the broccoli I am now having the water as a little consomme lol .... desperate times and all that :lol:

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Do take the metformin, they reduce insulin resistance which is usually an obstacle in obese people. If you can lower your resistance your readings will drop accordingly. Metformin is considered a safe drug with some good benefits and yes, some people do stop it in time if they achieve weight loss and good readings.

Ali

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
dazzer1975 said:
I have smoked since I was 10, however I stopped smoking 2 years ago for 8 months and have been stopped this year for 6 months so thats some small progression towards a healthier lifestyle. I do still use an electronic cigarette though, so will try and knock that on the head as i am aware that nicotine, however safely it is administered can still have its bad effects on blood pressure.

I think I am waffling for waffling's sake to be honest, it is freaking me out my glucose levels are so high, touch wood I can sort this.

Remember that electronic cigarettes come in different strengths of nicotine; including low strength and ZERO.

Shisha sticks are very popular at the moment and they come with zero nicotine