Surgical Spirit

primmers

Type 2 diet controlled diabetic here. I sem to have picked up an infection allong the edge of my big toe nail. It has improved a bit overnight with the application of TCP lotion then ointment. I can't get to the GPs until Thursday so will have to treat it myself til then. It has been suggested to me that using surgical spirit to clean the nastiness off and then air drying might be a good plan. Are there any reasons I should not do this?

hallii

Sounds like a plan to me, surgical spirit is anti bacterial, so it should reduce the infection.

TCP is also good, so is soaking your foot in a strong salt solution (Cupful to a bowl of water) of warm water.

My personal favourite for all types of skin problem is tea tree oil, it seems to kill everything, fungus, bacteria and so on.

H

nataliegage

When I was diagnosed T1 60 yrs ago, Surgical Spirit was used for everything. Never did me any harm and cured so many things. For some its frowned on today, but so is Dettol and Bleach, hence the infections in Hospitals. You go ahead. It can only do good. Good luck. :D