Lack of sleep??

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a one year old that has cut 16 teeth since he was 4 months old, can count on one hand the amount if full nights sleep we've had in those 8 months :(

Can anyone tell me whether the lack of sleep and getting up 2-3 times a night would make it harder to control BS levels??

We had a particularly bad night last night as I think he's got an ear infection too :( and my level has been high all morning!! I had pork and tiniest but of potato for dinner last night at about 6 :/ x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Poor little fella :(

Yes lack of sleep and the stress it causes can influence bg control.

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aww thanks! I knew I wasn't going mad... Haha or maybe I am ... I don't know haha

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi jaxx.

Yep stress and lack of sleep will upset and impact on your blood sugar levels. :thumbdown:
Not an easy time for you - or your little boy.

Try to get a good rest yourself when he drops asleep .
Make sure you look after yourself too as you will be vunerable to fatigue .

Tell yourself its a temporary thing and will pass to a better time soon.
Ask family to help out if possible ?
Then you get a break - use this time to nap, rest, catch up on just 'you' ...

Remember we are here to support and help also .
(((hug)))

Anna.

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Anna... To be honest I'm used to it now its become the norm for me really. But I do start to struggle around 2ish most days, but it's just clicked that it could be the reason my blood sugars are all over the place!!

Ive started to just relax in the evenings now rather than trying to get everything fine that I fall behind on! I very much like the 'me' time excuse!! :D

You guys have been so helpful on here... It was quite daunting back in September to be diagnosed but thanks to you guys on here I'm going in the right direction.. Finally after maybe a 'Im in denial' phase :( x

wellwell1212

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Liars and cheats
Can certainly concur with other posters, modern life does not help lower bg levels :crazy:

Sunhat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going through the menopause and suffer at nights from ´hot spells´ I find the nights I have had a bad nights sleep (most) my morning test is his (8-10) but my Hba1c is good. The Dt said not to worry about the morning test results