Latest Annual Review

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Had my blood tests etc on the 13th Dec - nicely timed to allow a little indulgence (or over-indulgence!) over Christmas.

In the month preceding my visit to the nurse I've had an infected toe, a course of antibiotics, then a cold which refused to go away, and about 3 weeks when I had too many meals out and visits to relatives, resulting in a lapse in my control (and too much alcohol!). I don't think I was up to the RDA of carbohydrates, but I was probably up to about 150g daily, 4 days out of 7. So I wasn't expecting too much of my HbA1c.

Imagine my surprise when it came back at 5.7, up only 2 points from September's 5.5.

I'm also pleased with my cholesterol - total was up from 4.6 to 4.9, but everything else was as follows:

HDL 1.6 up from 1.3
LDL 2.85 up from 2.80
triglycerides 1.00 the same

Total:HDL ratio 3.1 down from 3.5

Well within the required range.

I won't bore you with everything else, but even my liver is still functioning very well!

So all in all, I'm quite happy with the state of things. Bless my little pancreas! I shall have a little holiday between now and January 2nd - not too wild, I don't like too many carbs in my diet these days - and buckle down again in the New Year.

Shall we have a little competition to see who can put the most weight on over the hols? :shock: (Only joking - honest :D )

Viv 8)

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done Viv :clap:

Hope you have a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2013.....keep up the good work.

Regards
Angie

tighthead3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Having diabetes.
Well done Viv, I also had some great results in my last review too. Long may it continue, Hope everybody on this forum has a great Christmas and a brilliant New Year.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Great results Viv :clap:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
congratulations Viv :clap:

Great result :thumbup:

mazbee

Congratulations, It is so good to see so many positive results coming in. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Nice news viv well done :thumbup:

A nice boost/reminder before the christmas for you ...

Anna.