Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hey everyone!

We're really curious to know how everyone's gotten on this year. Have you managed to lower your HbA1c? Maybe you've shed a few pounds and are feeling proud of yourself! Whatever you've managed this year, we want to know about it!

Reactions: 4 people

kentish maid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who tell me I don't need to test my blood
i have had a good year my hba1c has come down from 6.8 to 6.i thanks to all the advice on this forum and i have lost 1 stone in weight.My diabetic team are very pleased i am over the moon.Merry christmas to you all and a happy and healthy new year.

michael D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
since joining this forum and finding lo-carbing i went from 15st 4lb to 13st 8lbs and 02/10/2012 80.0 9.5% to a bg reading of 6.0 no HbA1c in last 2 visits "wrong time for blood reading"and this is with out eating less amounts just limiting to 50gram-ish of carbs
DN advised eat more carbs
AYE RIGHT

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Another year of stable bg levels in the mid 5%'s again_____and lost about another 6 or 7lb's without really trying :D

santa_wave.gif

A merry Christmas and the seasons greetings to the DCUK staff and all its members

gally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all since diagnosis 3 months ago i immediately started low carbing and exercising i have lost 18lbs and my bg levels are always somewhere between 5.0 and 6.0 after 2 hours so i think im doing ok thanks to all the help and support i have received from this forum . Happy christmas and a very happy new year to all :thumbup:

Reactions: aealexandrou
B

badcat

Hba1c down from 67 in July to 41 in oct after changing to v low carb diet from traditional high complex carb diet ( which had been working well for the preceding 15 years pre menopause)

Reactions: 4 people

WhitbyJet

I am another lucky one in that I have been able to keep my Hba1c stable throughout the year, not once above 5%.

Happy Christmas to you all, and Happy New Year too, a healthy one x x

Reactions: 2 people

CathyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed at the end of August with HBA1C of 7.7. With the help of this forum I overcame the shock and with the advice on here (and metformin) had a result of 41mmol on 7th December. If I have converted this correctly that is 5.9 so I am happy. I just hope manage to keep my act together over the coming holidays.

Signs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed early March with an HBA1C of 11.8. Latest reading this week was 7.5. Arranged with DN for another early March so looking to get that down further.
Started off in March on glicklazide, got off it with low carb. For various reasons came off low carb and on to a "healthy" diet and back on glick! Put on weight eating "healthy" diet . . . .
Back to low carb and future low numbers and weight loss for me.

gardenfairy

'Terrible' in a word.. not managing the looking after a toddler / work / diabetes combination...

Hey ho - onwards and upwards for 2013 :roll:

A

Anonymous

lost 7.5kg, grateful for, all the information, even found the courage to ask gp for a c peptide test, last blood test 5.3.

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
down by 36 lb since diagnosis at end of April (17st 1lb down to 14st 7lb)... won't know about my HbA1C as they don't intend to test me until next birthday which is next April...

and it isn't by following their dietary advice either... :) and it's all in spite of the fact that they won't provide me with a blood glucose meter and strips either... bought them myself and they didn't like me testing when I told them...

Pastell

Hi to all.
Personally, I eat a consistent diet, same amount of carbs for each meal/snack daily. I still eat Potatoes, bread, pasta. rice and so on, but it's managed. My Hbac1 has been put back six weeks because my BG meter recorded a low average since diagnosis ( three months ago) cholesterol is low, as is the ratio. This morning my doctor was all smiles. For me the key is consistency, lol.

susanmanley

Lost a stone and down to6.2 Hbac just through diet [low carb]
My main success though has been to accept the diabetis and take control of it and my diet

lukkymik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The opposites of above!!!!
Scared s..tless!!! Have been changed onto Humalin M3 since Monday and BS dropped from 10.6 @20.50 to 4.1 @ 22.10!!!! My spaniel woke me up by licking my face so god knows what would have happened if she hadnt been there!!! Feeling really rough as have never had a Hypo in 10 years previous low was 5.1 when I had food poisoning!! Any suggestions?????

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
I've lost 2 stone since June,dropped my blood pressure from 165/95 t0 120/80. Blood glucose fallen to an average of 7.3

alanno123

Since august 2012 my bs gone down from 7.8 to 4.1 and av lost 6.5 stone
since finding this forum and high protein low carb diet and exercise
previously 19 stone 37 years old now running 7.5 minute miles looking at doing a10k run in april 2013, a half marathon in sept 2013 and a full marathon in april 2014 all for steps charity