No Delivery

KirstyDoherty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am new to the Medtronic Pump, only started at the begining of December, approx every second infusion set change I get no delivery alarms, sometimes I am changing 3 sets until I get one working. Has anyone any suggestions.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hia - I use a medtrnoic pump with silhouette cannula sets and never had a problem. However I started on quick sets and they always caused me a problem so maybe you need to try out some different sets? All the best.

TT17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I started on a medtronic pump around the same time as you and i get no delivery alarms sometimes and normaly on the left side of my stomach don't know why just do.

KirstyDoherty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Riri said:
Hia - I use a medtrnoic pump with silhouette cannula sets and never had a problem. However I started on quick sets and they always caused me a problem so maybe you need to try out some different sets? All the best.

Hi thanks for your replies, I'm on quick sets but hospital mentioned trying the silhouette, but I didn't like the look of them, are they difficult to use ? Maybe have no choice.

KirstyDoherty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
TT17 said:
I started on a medtronic pump around the same time as you and i get no delivery alarms sometimes and normaly on the left side of my stomach don't know why just do.

Hi that's really strange because it's the left side of my stomach too ??? Strange. Think i'll try the other sets.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
The silhouettes scared me in the beginning too :crazy: I use the sil serter device to put them in and after the first few goes (probably took me a good 6-8 changes) I got used to them and have never looked back. I've not had one non-delivery since last December. As I say they are a bit fiddly until you get the knack but, like everything, what used to take me a good 20-25 minutes to do my set change I now probably do the whole thing in about 6-10 minutes and never have a problem. The hardest thing I found with the silhouettes (after getting over their appearance in the first place) was getting the needle inserted out to leave the cannula in. There is definately a knack to this but at the start I was panicing and trying to pull them out swiftly rather than pressing the sides and sort of sliding them out gently. They are definately worth a go I would have thought. Happy Christmas Riri. Xx

Switch2501

I've had perhaps 2 no delivery on the quick set since I started in October (also on the left) but I think that possibly I was not stood up when doing the set, thus causing the tube to bend slightly.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App