bydureon injection

foxyccc

Hi Keith. I am T2 and am currently on tablet only medication. I am trying Bydureon in the New Year as my HBAIC is still a bit high. It was 9.3 but with increasing my tablets and reducing my carbs to 170g a day, it is down to 8.3. My morning readings are always between 7 - 10. They have never been lower than that but I also have ME or chronic fatigue syndrome so cant exercise to get the blood glucose down.

I would be interested to know if you have suffered any side effects on starting Bydureon as the GP and my diabetic nurse says it causes nausea, but makes you feel full and therefore may lose weight with it.
I should have started this last week, but decided to start after christmas.

I hope you are getting on ok with this. I thought the weekly injection was going to be instead of the tablets, but the GP said they would stop Januvia but keep the metformin and glicizide.

Looking forward to your comments.
Good luck

keith6654

foxyccc said:
Hi Keith. I am T2 and am currently on tablet only medication. I am trying Bydureon in the New Year as my HBAIC is still a bit high. It was 9.3 but with increasing my tablets and reducing my carbs to 170g a day, it is down to 8.3. My morning readings are always between 7 - 10. They have never been lower than that but I also have ME or chronic fatigue syndrome so cant exercise to get the blood glucose down.

I would be interested to know if you have suffered any side effects on starting Bydureon as the GP and my diabetic nurse says it causes nausea, but makes you feel full and therefore may lose weight with it.
I should have started this last week, but decided to start after christmas.

I hope you are getting on ok with this. I thought the weekly injection was going to be instead of the tablets, but the GP said they would stop Januvia but keep the metformin and glicizide.

Looking forward to your comments.
Good luck

Hi No side effects for me ,but sis in law gets small lumps were she injects ,and itchy ness,been on it 4 weeks now do not seem to be doing alot for me time will tell

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
People on Bydureon and other meds should keep an eye on BS levels, particularly gliclazide, as there may be an increased risk of hypos from the gliclazide.

Regards

Doug

Johnhawkins53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on Bydureon for a few months now - it had little effect on BS levels until around 6 weeks but now is very effective in keeping levels down. You've got to be patient and let its effectiveness build up, like it says in the accompanying literature.
I've had side-effects - indigestion, constipation and occasional nausea. Not very pleasant, but I'm sticking with it to see if the side-effects diminish with time, like some people say they will.
You are bound to get lumps under the injection site - you are not injecting a liquid, but a suspension, I.e. a liquid with tiny solid particles in it. My experience is that the lumps gradually disappear after 4/5 weeks and don't cause any discomfort. The fact that you are injecting a suspension is the reason why you get 2 needles in each Bydureon injection pack, in case one gets blocked with the solid particles if the injection was not mixed properly.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Anyone having problems with bydureon may want to ask if they can try dapagliflozin. It is only one pill a day - I take mine with a small dose of Metformin. It inhibits the kidneys returning all the glucose back to your blood after the cleaning process. You pee out the glucose along with its associated calories. With a sensible diet, this can deliver both a lowering of blood glucose as well as a reduction in weight.

Regards

Doug