Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

7.5 at 10 past 7 am. I've been awake since 5am.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

I was late up today (09:00) and was 6.1. Not surprised, really - I've had a bad 2 weeks with lots of meals out, also a few sandwiches. A couple of days next week are going to be the same, as I'm visiting relatives and won't be able to be as strict as I should be. Annual review is next Thursday - what with high-ish carbs (for me), a course of antibiotics and a 3-week cold, I think I've blown my HbA1c this time :( .

I'm still in the 4s in the afternoon, though. :D Amd I'm having Christmas off - within reason! :wink:

Viv 8)

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

7.1 fasting,seems quite stable,Did go up to 11.9 after supper.

toots8298

its high for me - although i've only just started monitoring my BG this week - but its been between 7 and 8 most of the time!! due to other circumstances I've started taking metformin this week as well. my target is need to get down to 5.5 before breakfast and 6.0 before other meals and bed. For before other meals I've been ok getting 5.2 to 6.2 but just cant shake the before breakfast reading...

wondering if we're eating too late or too much in the evening (think definitely was the problem last night eating too much!!!) so need to change the eating times me thinks!! but dont understand though as go to bed around the right level i.e.6.2 or so but wake up at 7 or 8.....

anyone else have this prob?

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

7.0 this morning again. Did have a packet of crisps last night, that always bumps it up. I've ditched all chocolate now, can't bear the stuff but crisps are still an occasional 'treat' even though I know they're not really a treat, they're full of chemicals and raise my BS. That was the last packet though so there won't be any more 'treats'. It's strange how some things I could just give up overnight without any cravings or regrets - bread, pasta, rice, cakes ... I just stopped eating. But the wee little things like crisps and mini Crunchies were harder to let go of, probably because they're only small and lightweight and I don't have them every day. The Crunchies then suddenly made me feel sick, even at just the smell of them and I stopped eating them about a month ago. The crisps are going the same way, if I'm honest, I'm not really enjoying them, they're way too strong in chemical flavourings and I end up with a sore mouth afterwards. So, I think last night's was my last fling with salt and vinegar crips. :lol:

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

6.5 at 09:00, after about 10 hours of sleep! I must have needed it - been sleeping badly of late.

I've been thinking back over my nearly-three-weeks of "relaxed" eating - I'll bet there were very few days when I ate more than 150g of carb in a day, and I certainly haven't been stuffing myself with puddings etc. More "NHS recommended" style. Just shows how careful I have to be - my system can't take very many carbs.

The BS was not helped by me polishing off the top layer of a (small) box of Ferrero Rochas yesterday afternoon :oops: . I think Christmas has started :wink:

Viv 8)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

viviennem said:
6.5 at 09:00, after about 10 hours of sleep! I must have needed it - been sleeping badly of late.

I've been thinking back over my nearly-three-weeks of "relaxed" eating - I'll bet there were very few days when I ate more than 150g of carb in a day, and I certainly haven't been stuffing myself with puddings etc. More "NHS recommended" style. Just shows how careful I have to be - my system can't take very many carbs.

The BS was not helped by me polishing off the top layer of a (small) box of Ferrero Rochas yesterday afternoon :oops: . I think Christmas has started :wink:

Viv 8)

I don't believe it! (Victor Meldrew impersonation) You actually ate a whole later of Ferrero Rochas and you only got a 6.9 this morning? :shock:

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

7.6 fasting.My diabetes seems to be steady.

Virgo123

5.4 this morning.

Grace & Viv, Im so glad for the honesty. I too slip up with one little block of dark choc, one slice bread ens. occasionally I will have 2 small slices of paper- thin-crust gluten free pizza. My sugar is not tooo bad. Maybe in the high 6's, after one hour. but its good to know that there are others who from time to time have a weakness.

I stare at my Lindt dark choc, for weeks before eating a sm block again. Crisps the same, a few, then it lies there until its stale
:)

Thankyou for sharing.

Virgo123

5.3 today after a slice of cheese cake last night.

I dont indulge daily, but its an occasional slip.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)

7.7 this morning which is quite high for me as I am usually in the high 5's to low 6's. Think I may be harbouring an infection/virus or something, not worried just yet :D

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Fasting-7.3

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts

9.6 this morning, may have been the chocolate fudge cake, the mice pie or the slug of rum........ Off for a swim and a well behaved day.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

6.5 this morning which I'm happy with as it's been in the 7s for a few weeks now.

Enjoyed my Christmas dinner - I had loads of roast lamb, 3 new potatoes, first I've had in 5 months!!! Also had parsnips and a very rich gravy. That was followed by a slice of rhubarb pie which I wouldn't normally eat, and a heap of strawberries and cream.
I think my son couldn't quite believe how quite 'not hungry' I was. The Metformin do help with appetite control thank goodness.

Have also been having 4 Hovis Digestives in the morning because I was getting fed up with my usual crackers and egg mayo, so I haven't done too badly really. But now I'm beginning to get sick of them cos they're too sweet, so I'll be going back to my savouries again.

:wave:

alex621

Mine is usually about 7 give or take. Not sure if that is good or not

martyn812

10.4 after ten hours in bed over done xmas must get back on track

elviscole

started a diet 10days ago and mornings are now around 6 instead of 8-9 :D

pickledpepper2

Did my first fasting self test in over 6 months today (usual story about doctors not prescribing strips blah blah blah).

At 5.30 this morning was a 5.4, which isn't too bad as I had a packet of peanut m&ms last night!

My insulin resistance must be decreasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.