Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Two faced people
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and Boxing day :D
Happy New Year too 111 :D :D :D :D
xx

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!

Remember to do a for an extra long walk for some extra exercise after your big holiday meals! I was reading a blog on diabetes that was linked off the site where i buy diabetes supplies and I read that you aren't supposed to mess around with your insulin (unless you are Type 1) when you overeat (like around Christmas, New Years, etc). You are supposed to just get a little bit more exercise to compensate.
There's the blog I'm talking about:

http://www.diabetessuppliesplus.com/blog/?p=390.

so that's what I'm doin, just going for a hike on my days off to easily balance out my blood sugar without adjusting my doses.

Thanks!

Tybir

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey folks, just a wee message to everyone on the forum....Happy New Year and all the best for 2013 :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
155893_507758835943182_1114510815_n.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Great picture there Daisy :thumbup:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

poppajohn

Happy New Year from Canada. I have just been told that I will be going from oral meds to insulin and am having a very difficult time with it. I feel my daily life will change and I'm worried about how it will all work for me. Does this mean I have to check my sugar several times a day and carry insulin wherever I go ? I guess I just need to hear from people who are on insulin now and ask how it works for them. I am so afraid that taking insulin will govern most everything I want to do and impact where I can go and when. Reassurance is needed !!

Tybir

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Happy New Year from Scotland....I've been an insulin user all my diabetic life. I found it very hard at first because like yourself, i was thinkin of all the implications this might have had from being able to tell if i'd had enough insulin or not, scared of people finding out that i injected incase they thought i was doing anything else and thinking what am i going to miss out now that i have to inject every day. Truth is, yes you will find it more of a burden for a wee while til your body gets use to the amount of insulin it needs, after a while you will know yourself how much your body needs by testing your blood glucose every day. It only takes one minute if that and believe me it keeps you on top of your diabetes. Keep doing that and theres no reason for you to miss out in anything in life.Everybody is different and they will have there own experiences to tell that will help you find out a lot more information about using insulin. We are always here to help or for a chat anytime, hope I could help if just a little. :)

poppajohn

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I know it will work out eventually. I am type 2 diabetic and have been diagnosed for 13 years. I was diet controlled before that for about 10 years so altogether it's been 23 years. I don't have anyone in my family with the disease and they are finding it hard to understand my concerns. I think they believe that I can turn this around on my own without insulin in spite of advice from the diabetic clinic. I am swimming three times a week for an hour each time (for about a month) and am more aware of what I'm eating and that may help but I still think I will need insulin. It was great to hear your story and to know that it will get easier as time goes on.

I had to register under my husband's name and address because I messed up the first attempt using my name and e-mail and then the site wouldn't allow that e-mail address to be used again...something I know I must have done wrong. I am not very computer literate but I don't want to mislead anyone. It is due to my inexperience on the computer. Hope you understand :D I have tried again today to re-register under my name, Maureen, and am just waiting to hear back from the site .

Thank you again for your kind concern ...It has helped. I'm sure in the near future I will need more reassurance.

novamoe6

Dislikes
Intolerance. Also may have to start insulin soon and very concerned about it. Don't like the idea at all !
Hello from Canada. I have finally been successful in logging on to your great site. There is so much information and new info regarding diabetes. I have been told I may have to go insulin recently as I am at the maximum dosage for oral meds. So in light of that I have a lot to learn. The forum is a great spot to talk to others with the same issues. Glad to be here ! :D

Lewis2000

Dislikes
Hypers or hypos
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AND I HOPE U ALL HAVE BRILLIANT LEVELS :thumbup: