Insuline having little effect

Acton

Hi all,

Since Boxing Day, I have been having abnormally high sugar readings. For example 17.2,16.7,15.7 etc etc. To counter this, I have been injecting much more than the usual 5, 6 or 7 units and have gone up to 12 today.
My worry is that my body is somehow storing the insuline which may come back in a rush, Bye Bye! There has been no great difference in diet over this period. I have been a type 1 diabetic since 2006 and have never had this problem before.

I'm not REALLY panicking at this point as I feel ok (apart from sometimes a little dizzy) and can wait until my doctor comes back in tha new year.
Any advice?

P.S. I am new to this forum and look forward to being an acive menber

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your body cannot store insulin. If you use Novorapid then it will leave your body after about 5 hours. Are you sure that your long acting insulin is correct? I change mine on an almost daily basis. Usually dictated by exercise.

Zedar

I had been feeling discouraged about how little effect bolus shots were having. Then I read enough to become convinced that changing your injection site does make a difference. The first time I gave myself a correction shot in the thigh, I landed exactly where I expected to two hours later - down from 15.4 to 5.2

mbebrown

I been have same but if you change units make sure someone less is there to watch over you just in case and they know what to do
Have you a med tag just incase it happen when your out and about i got one since my b/s not been stable had it off the meter at one point but that was insulin not working for me
But like i said before each person is different and we have to find the right units for yourself mine is 25 novorapid and 120solestar
at the moment
good luck with yours but be safe
michael