Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A late meal and bg was still climbing, injection site problems, insufficient insulin dose?......why not carry out some night time testing for a couple of nights to see what your bg levels are like throughout the night.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Jonnycfc12 said:
If ur bloods were 8.9 then dropped till round 3 b4 tea at 6pm how much fast acting wud u take??

I wouldn't take any fast-acting insulin and would treat the hypo first and wait until my bg had returned to normal levels before injecting and eating my meal, never inject QA insulin if your hypo as this can be dangerous.

dowuchyalike

Maybe you went hypo during your sleep and the high blood sugar is the result of a liver dump. This happened to me many times when I was on injections. Night time testing to see what's going on with sugars and whether your basal rate is correct is definitely a good strategy.

dowuchyalike

Jonnycfc12 said:
Never heard of that wats that mean???

You might sleep through a hypo and once your sugar level drops below a certain point your liver releases its own glucose stores into your bloodstream. This could account for high sugar levels in the morning.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jonnycfc12 said:
Went to bed sugars were 8.8 took 25 lantus woke up they were 22 any ideas why??

Didn't you have 2 slices of toast for an evening snack? That may have had an effect possibly.