Bed time snacks

moakley39

I wouldn't have much maybe a wheetabix or two max and try taking the same amount of lantus and see what readings you get 2morow before breakfast
Good luck

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you eat before bed then you will not know whether your Lantus dose is correct.

I'm not sure I understand the question though. You dont take Lantus to cover food. Are you unsure on the correct Lantus dose?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Jonnycfc12 said:
My bg is 8.8 can I have a snack b4 bed and how much of my lantus do u think I Sud take

Hi jonny, how much Lantus do you normally take or does it vary a lot? and is it for bedtime time only?

I have never had a bedtime snack, actually I never snack in between meals, but from what I can remember, I think a couple of Weetabix is roughly about 32 carbs. What about a slice of toast or some crackers instead? Anyway I hope you enjoy your snack, whatever it is :)

RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Jonnycfc12 said:
Normally take 30 lantus at night I use my novo rapid during the day b4 meals and normally take 20 of it

I see you had toast, hope you enjoyed it :) Wow 30 units, I just take 12 units of Levemir at night and about 16 NovoRapid for the 3 daytime meals ( I carb count eg 2 breakfast, 7 lunch and 7 dinner, but it does vary). I might start a thread about snacking, because so many seem to do it, but I never have, maybe I'm a minority :eek: :? Best wishes RRB

kirstymc

Having read through the comments on this, I have to add, there is no standard of what insulin dosage you should take.

Everyone's body reacts differently to the dosage you take, not only that but everyone's body still produces different levels of insulin naturally.

My work colleague and myself are both on the same insulin, however we both take different dosages.

I would suggest start at around your average, so if you are having toast and eat toast in a morning, say you normally do 10 units. Do 10 units and check sugars in morning. You may then alter this level as you see fit.

Hope this helps :)