I have just been given a clean bill of health

initforlove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
diabetes
and I want to share it with my friends here

it was through the good advice I read here that I was able to get my clean bill of health

My endocrinologist s very happy because in every category that my blood was tested, it passes

my blood glucose is now in the pre-diabetic category and not diabetic type 2

all I have to do is keep going as I have been

and that is according to the advice given here

I hope this helps some other diabetics type 2 to keep working on their health even if there is some discouraging backsliding some of the time

good luck everyone

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations. I hope you let your endo know that the diet advice etc on the forum helped and not just NHS advice. You're lucky to have an endo; better than just the local GP/nurse some of us are stuck with

LesleyAnne2

That's fantastic news, well done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
May I ask how long it took from when you started following the advise on this forum and which dietary advise you follow?

initforlove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
diabetes
yes I told my endocrinologist that I am low carbing and that this is the advice of so many people on this forum who manage to reduce their needs for medication and control diabetes with diet alone. She was about to tell me off for my diet but when she looked at my blood work she stopped herself and told me that so long as I am not tired or feeling weak, to continue with the low carb

I was originally diagnosed on August 2012 with a blood glucose of 12.3.

I have lost a lot of weight and hope to lose more weight still.

what I eat?

a meal may be 50 grams of cheese

or a chicken drumstick with some radish, cucumber and lettuce

or 5 almonds with 1 pecan

LesleyAnne2

Thanks init :)
I am also low carbing... not looking forward to telling my DN. Think I will wait until she gives me the results from my blood tests which I am due to have this month!
I was diagnosed March 2012, but didn't start low carbing until October, so am interested to see what my results will be.

Geri1

Very well done. I am also trying to do without (or at least limit my carb intake) but went a bit haywire over the Xmas period. Good luck.