Long socks!!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
T1 husband has a very persistent ulcer on his left leg. He's been going to the practice nurses to have it dressed. Next week they plan to Doppler the leg and see if he can have pressure bandaging. One of the nurses has told him to stop wearing calf length socks with elastic tops.
I got him some soft top socks and started the hunt for knee highs. that's difficult. Why don't you guys wear long socks? I found some today, they are lovely soft pure cotton, designed for golf, but fine enough for normal shoes. I had to go to the most old-fashioned store in town. The place hasn't been updated for at least 50 years. They still have the vacuum money tubes. Average age of the staff is over 70! and in the lingerie department, they sell corsets.. But they do have long socks :D We have 2 pairs now 8)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I think you can get these from Cozi-feet but they cost a lot!!

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Has he tried maggots?

I don't know if they are good for diabetic ulcers, but they are generally effective for treating slow healing ulcers.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I know about Maggots, but I don't think that they use them here. They are brilliant, because they only debrade dead skin. I did suggest it, but got repulsed. If they try to do anything more than dressing an cleaning, i'll bring it up again. It waws my thinking, that got an ulcer on the sole of his foot cleared up. I suggested s ring to take the pressure off as he walked. It worked, but took ages.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Keep asking - I've only heard good reports.

saffireblue

May I suggest that you type in 'Cozy Feet' into your search, and it will bring you to a page where you can look up socks for men. My husband has a vascular flow problem in both of his legs, causing painful leg ulcers, and he's 71 and not very active. I looked for ages for socks with soft tops, stretchy, as he's a big man with big feet and calves. I found just the right size, and ordered him 6 pairs. When they arrived I was thrilled to see how soft and pliable they were. The tops were non-binding, and they fit over the dressings and elastic bandages that he had to wear, making him feel less conspicuous. So, I would recommend this company whole heartedly for anyone with leg problems, or swollen diabetic legs and feet.

I hope that helps...and I've read that they cost a lot, but recently that price has gone down, and I got 6 pair for a very reasonable price...you get what you pay for, and these socks really work!!

saffireblue