Victoza Injections

Coffey

Hi,
I have type 2 diabetes and been offered Victoza injections,has anyone been on them for any length of time ,do they work ok and are you having any side effects with them. :thumbup:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hello Coffey.
I have been using victoza myself over 12months , Havent had ANY problems on it .
No side effects at 'ALL' since starting using victoza.
Took to it like a duck to water :thumbup:

We are all different though - what affects a few does not affect all persons .

I find Victoza does nudge my BG levels down a bit , and keeps my weight very stable too.
Insulin can cause weight gain unfortunately I need insulin to get my BG levels down to safer numbers.
Using the dual therapy of insulin plus victoza is ideal for myself and I am happy to continue on this .

Find any peptide GLP enzyme medication I can tollerate very well ...

Are you considering Victoza ?

Anna.

My mum has been on it for about a year. She's lost loads of weight and has halved her insulin. I know it made her feel really nauseous for the first couple of weeks as the dose was gradually increased but then that wore off.

I'm seeing my doc in a couple of weeks. Currently on januvia in the morning and merformin at night and my sugar is high all the time. Tonight it was 21!

I'm going to ask if Victoza might be good for me as the pills are obviously not doing much!

squishychickfi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
curry or anything spicy, snakes and mosquitos!
I started 2 weeks ago - minor nausea and upset stomach while on the 0.6 dose. Really bad on the 1.2 dose including indigestion, nausea, sickness, stomach pain, stomach upset, constipation, headaches 2 days after starting the higher dose. Seems to be calming down now but I did feel poorly.
Appetite is lower than usual - big meals are a no no now - snacking OK. Sugars seem to be OK but haven't had a blood test yet.

Injections are fine - very fine needle and don't hurt as much as a finger prick does - so no worries there either.

Think you just have to weigh up everything yourself before making a decision.

Hope it goes OK

Elsie Simon

I have been on Victoza for almost a year...was doing really good on but lately I seem to be having problems. I am having bouts of nausea after I eat first meal no matter what I eat. Feeling pretty lousy all morning. My fasting A.M. numbers went from an average of 120 to now 140. Because of lower back pain my walking exercise is not every day so I am not losing weight. Because of being sodium sensitive I take diuretics and really have to watch my salt intake so food choices are pretty limited. Being 71 years old is not fun these days!