Can anyone help

Tanilou

Iam a lesbian & have been with my partner for 10years she has had type 2 diabetes for 8 of them 10years & bit by bit are reliationship as got worse we have not had a sexual reiationship since she got told she was diabetic, we no longer cuddle up or hug or even kiss. We dont even share a bed. Please someone help... I love her & would never cheat but this is making our reliationship very rocky we both have alot of other problems & this is making it worse. She as told me when she looks at me she see nothing.. That really hurts is there anyone who nose what I can do to save me reliationship

WhitbyJet

Tanilou said:
Iam a lesbian & have been with my partner for 10years she has had type 2 diabetes for 8 of them 10years & bit by bit are reliationship as got worse we have not had a sexual reiationship since she got told she was diabetic, we no longer cuddle up or hug or even kiss. We dont even share a bed. Please someone help... I love her & would never cheat but this is making our reliationship very rocky we both have alot of other problems & this is making it worse. She as told me when she looks at me she see nothing.. That really hurts is there anyone who nose what I can do to save me reliationship

Tanilou, thats so sad, I am thinking is it possible that your partner is suffering from depression? Diabetes and depression often go hand in hand. How is she coping with her diabetes, is she well controlled?

Minitata's suggestion of relationship counselling is a good one, you need to talk, perhaps make plans together on how to tackle your issues, if you feel you are stuck in a rut/the excitement gone from your relationship try to do something new/different, doesnt have to be anything outrageously different either, small steps.

Sending a big hug to both of you, I hope things get better soon x x

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tanilou, :)

Best of luck with your relationship, this is probably the wrong place for advice as 8 years of sadness is not good.

Diabetes cannot be blamed completely for this situation.

WhitbyJet and Minitata are correct, nevertheless if the sparke has gone, Many changes can bring it back.

Also has the Diabetes changed you in any way when you first found out your partner told you.

Good Luck

Roy. :)

Tanilou

Thank u 2 all who as asnwered my message u ave all made gud points. my partner does ave depression bt it was there long b4 the diabetes bt I do fink it is playing a part. We both ave ad bad lifes which is all adding 2 the problem, we ave both ad counciling bt nt 2getha, u were rite when u said we dnt talk when we try 2 we end up fighting. She is on metformin 500mg three a day it is working & her diabetes is ok. Again thank u 4 ur kind words xx

makka

Hi Tanilou,

As someone who has quite a few lesbian friends that are quite open about their relationships etc, I think you may need to brace yourself and search on line for 'lesbian bed death' and how to deal with it.
Possibly diabetes is a factor as it is life changing but it will not be the only thing, hopefully things may change or improve, but please do look it up as your post indicates this is what may be wrong with your relationship.

Good luck!

C

chris lowe

Hi Tanilou,

It is so sad that you are going through all this. I can't offer any specific advice but wish you and your partner well. Hope you can both sort this out.