Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was diagnosed type 2 in July and posted on here a couple of times. Recently I had my second HbA1c test done and it was down from 6.2 to 6.0 and my cholesterol was down from 5.6 to 4.7.

Last Thursday I was in hospital for day surgery on my shoulder. The surgeon shaved away some bone to free up the tendon which was being compressed. My Bg's were a bit all over the place for a day or two, then yesterday they seemed to be settling down. This morning after a normal low carb breakfast it is 9.2! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What is going on? Need I do anything drastic? The same breakfast yesterday gave me 7.1.
Margaret

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
try not to worry too much ,any illness or operation will raise blood sugars that may take a while to settle down,in my opinion if u are very worried i would advise u to telephone your diabetic nurse just to reasure yourself,keep checking and if bloods get any higher i would definately phone 4 guidance :) amanda

Tinkerbelly

Hello Margaret

The reason why your bg levels are a bit raised is most likely due a steroid injection being put into your shoulder joint when you had surgery done on it. This effect on your bg levels will probably carry on for a few days so just keep an eye by doing bg tests and altering the amount of carb that you eat until the effects of the steroid wear off and your bg levels start to drop back to normal.

Hope you recover all ok

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
As you heal, your BGs will come back under control
Glad the surgery went well!