Whats all this about then?

gally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi last night 1 hour pre food 5.5 , ate a small chicken breast with 1 tomato and salad leaves 3 small boiled potatoes 2 hrs later 6.8
today my son brought me my tea KFC !!!! i chicken burger and fries 1 hour pre 5.6 2hours later 5.4 i thought it would be quite bad but when i put it into my fittness pal it said there was zreo carbs surley that cant be right can it ?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It's certainly not zero carbs but fat does help the rate at which carbs are absorbed and chips are better than mash etc. Tomatoes and boiled potatoes do have carbs and possibly higher GI than the burger meal?

ellecook79

A KFC is certainly not no carbs!

A fillet bugrger is 45g and a regular fries is 37g.

I am a type 1 so perhaps I am more sensitive than you but please bear in mind that protein can also raise your blood sugars (although this may have little effetc on you as I presume you are type 2 and controlled by diet/ tablets?)

As the previous poster pointed out fat will also have an effect on your blood sugars - it stops the carbs from being absorbed so quickly so means that your sugars will rise more slowly than with a low fat mean but will have an effect on your sugar levels over a longer period.....

x

traceyrauf

Hi ive got my fittnes pal app, not all the info is correct on the foods as its really for calories not carb counting. If u want a good app get carbs & cals.

I agree with the other guys KFC has defo got carbs in

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ellecook79

Most fast food places etc have their nutritional information on their websites - this is where I got the carbs amounts from....

gally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks every one it was just with my bg being so good 2 hrs after eating i thought it was too good to be true :lol: