Dessert

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Why should it be bad..? I will have anything in moderation.. You said small piece..
Hba1c of 6.8 is good.
Life with diabetes still has to be enjoyable..
A small piece of cheesecake to me sounds very enjoyable!! Just something to be had in moderation though

hallii

I don't think an A1c of 6.8% is "good" it is not bad, but could be better.

We all have to accept the best results we can manage and we are all different.

I wouldn't eat cheesecake, it is high in carbs and once you start eating small amounts then it's a slippery slope.

There are lots of low carb alternatives that you can eat. But you have to want to.

So no more cheesecake or we will "send the lads" round.

Try jelly (sugarfree) Greek yoghurt or Fresh Cream add blueberries to the jelly (I like blackcurant flavour) or a fresh fruit salad.

H

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ive never made any cheesecake but i imagine that homemade its not that bad. There is mainly cheese and no flour. The one from supermarket for sure is full of sugar but if you make it by yourself you can use fructose or sweetener instead. Actually i need to try it out soon!

susanmanley

I am finding that after being almost neurotically strict with my low carb diet I reached a more balanced stage. I eat a little 'naughty' stuff occasionally or i feel so deprived I have a really bad day and mess everything up [including my head with that aweful guilt thing]

I do test after extras and add in some extra exercise if necessary.

Also I have found that I can have porridge made with water then a little honey and a couple of spoon af greek yoghurt without having too high numbers [between 5.4 and 6.3] and it keeps me going until lunch rather than needing a snack mid morning. I do hope I am not doing myself any harm as it seems to suit me

Reactions: lorraine95

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Your blood results say you doing fantastic.

A 'non diabetic' after food could have their sugars raise by 2.8.... So don't you worry.

You still have to live happily.. As well as healthily.. As possible.

D isn't about getting so tight about food that you don't live and enjoy....

I love food, but size 10/12.. I eat everything in moderation.. All food and red wine.. But just drambuie for treats..(birthday/xmas). I still love my drambuie, just that I know I can't have unless celebrating... I know low carbers and high carbers... But my life is best inbetween for my complete happiness.

You have to do what makes your physical and mental health balanced...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
But if you enjoy something occasionally don't feel guilty..

You have to live and enjoy... Its all about balance ... Of physical AND mental needs...

Moderation NOT ... Total exclusion.

Reactions: lorraine95

chr1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
donnellysdogs said:
But if you enjoy something occasionally don't feel guilty..

You have to live and enjoy... Its all about balance ... Of physical AND mental needs...

Moderation NOT ... Total exclusion.

as said above, all in moderation, I always have cheeky bit of choco every now and then as long as its not everyday its fine to have a treat!

susanmanley

For christmas someone gave me the 85% chocolate so I could get the thrill without the quantity.
Had ONE SQUARE las night and was like a made thing!!! Hit me like a..?...bullet? [ not quite the right word]