Two jabs!!!

Pastell

Hi all. Just a query really I normally 26 units of insulin in the morning and 14 in the afternoon. Well, I hate waste, so this morning my insulin pen had 8 units, having injected that I got a new pen and injected 18, during breakfast I had what felt like a hypo. My question is , does my body accept insulin jabs in parallel? Did it absorb to much insulin in one hit.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have done the same before now and I never noticed any difference so not sure on that one.
Sorry can't help.
Angie

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never heard of two jabs causing problems and I do it regularly with my Lantus as otherwise I end up wasting 40+ units per pen... my diabetes nurse said not to worry and to just start a new one and throw out the old pen with the insulin wasted.... I try not to do that if I can though, saving the NHS money and all that... I was a little shocked to hear a nurse advokating the throwing away of medecine - perhaps she was thinking of my poor limbs and the extra jab.

dafneandjim

Pastell said:
Hi all. Just a query really I normally 26 units of insulin in the morning and 14 in the afternoon. Well, I hate waste, so this morning my insulin pen had 8 units, having injected that I got a new pen and injected 18, during breakfast I had what felt like a hypo. My question is , does my body accept insulin jabs in parallel? Did it absorb to much insulin in one hit.
Hi I have done similar to you not had any trouble as long as you do it straight away that is just my opinion Sent from my Nexus S using DCUK Forum mobile app

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Pastell said:

If I think there's not enough insulin left in the pen then I'll scrap it and start a new one, that said I have injected twice before and not had any problems :?