SO ANGRY!!!!!

PetiteSJ

Well I was having my usual snoop on good old Facebook & come across this ignorant bint who probably thinks she oh so intelligent because she has read the idiot rag don't fret my diabuddies I posted a reply :evil: I'll screenshot it & upload :grin:

TyM2dG3.png

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DCUK Forum mobile app

PetiteSJ

No doubt I'll get abuse but I don't care people like her should be named & shamed & bloody educated!!!! :evil:

Well that's my little grrr over for now :lol:

SJ x

RnyN3Xj.png

Nickers

I'm not fat and have had type 1 since I was 12 that's 20 years how would she feel having to do blood sugars and injections every day for the rest of her life and always having to be careful people like that annoy the hell out of me it's the people who are alcoholics and ones who don't have a job that costs us a fortune

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

PetiteSJ

I know nickers how would she feel being a human pincushion for the rest of her life? And everything else a person with any type of diabetes lives with EVERY day there's never anything mentioned about alcoholics, drug addicts etc.

My fiancee & I were in a&e recently where there was a man who was so drunk he could barely walk he was cantankerous, abusive, resilient to help from staff they had to get security to come & watch him in the corridor out of the way but everyone could still hear him shouting abusive language & insults at the security guards!! This is what should be at the forefront of peoples minds as a drain on the nhs they CHOOSE to consume these substances as people with diabetes we certainly did not have a choice I very rarely speak up so publicly but I've got to a point now where I've had enough of being tarred as the 'baddy' because I so blatantly begged to be a diabetic :roll:

Maybe I was wrong to comment but I've had my fill of it all I think there should be an awareness campaign to distinguish that not all people have diabetes because of their weight, that type 1's are going to become diabetic regardless of what they do to avoid it, that many type 2's have inherited it, that the vast majority of people with diabetes cannot do anything to prevent it, that there are people who have had their pancreas removed due to cancer etc maybe, just maybe this would shut those ignorant imbeciles up!

My apologies for ranting but I am at my wits end & I hate how I'm made to feel so bad for having diabetes the media have so much to answer for :evil:

SJ x

kevinf1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
did you get a reply yet...

the problem is the goverment and in part the NHS are also ignorant about the cause of diabetes both type 1 and type 2, many can not differnetiate between the two.

They don't see the fact that some diabetics are over weight because the have diabetes and not what most pople think they have diabetes because they are overweight, i asked my colleagues when i told them i was diabetic as most of them said well youre not that overweight i aint no slim gym ( its a fuel tank for a love machine :lol: ) but they assumed if you are overwieght you'll get diabetes.

Don't stoop to their level.

:thumbup:

PetiteSJ

Nooooo of course I haven't Kevin haha :lol:

I agree with you wholeheartedly anyone would think that society is regressing rather than progressing! I think the government just want a nation dumbed down into a nice little herd of compliant sheep ready to go along with whatever rubbish they spout :x

I know what you mean about people being judgmental on appearance I'm 5ft 1" (apparently I look like I'm 'one of those teenagers' according to a shocked lady who asked me for ID for lottery I'm 30!!!!) I'm a little lady but I do get the comments that I don't look diabetic hmmm I didn't realise that diabetics had a 'look' & where do I get this 'look'? Maybe people will see me coming :lol: it's not like it was years ago when people could probably guess as you'd be missing limbs etc oh what an advanced intellectual world we live in :razz:

SJ x

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hey PetiteSJ, I've edited the images to preserve the privacy of the people involved. Hope that's not a problem!

PetiteSJ

Giverny said:
Hey PetiteSJ, I've edited the images to preserve the privacy of the people involved. Hope that's not a problem!

Oops should have thought of that one THANK YOU :grin:

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the b**t word in your first post is a bit over the mark as well...

jgibson1962

I'm 50 ride horses and do martial arts dont smoke and i'm 2 years diagnosed type 1 diabetes, i guess the gutter press will be chasing me now cos i work and am costing a non-diabetic a job.... :roll:

PetiteSJ

Paul_c said:

As well as what exactly? And it's a lot less offensive than what I was thinking if you don't like it don't read it.......:roll:

PetiteSJ

jgibson1962 said:
I'm 50 ride horses and do martial arts dont smoke and i'm 2 years diagnosed type 1 diabetes, i guess the gutter press will be chasing me now cos i work and am costing a non-diabetic a job.... :roll:

Ha!! I really wouldn't be surprised jgibson and that's a sad state of affairs :|

SJ x

LemonTree

Dislikes
High sugar levels :(
I think I'll sit on the fence with this and say maybe she just picked a random statistic to prove a point and isn't actually suggesting that the government stop paying the money... :think:

Facebook is like the tabloids - take it with a pinch of salt or as you put it - don't read it :wink:

Sketcher

Dislikes
Other people's cats in my garden
No-one has mentioned that the supposedly "intelligent" young lady complaining about student debt, says that diabetes treatment costs the NHS £10,000,000,000,000 per year: that is £10 trillion. Given that the UK's gross domestic product is only £1.5 trillion, I think she needs to go back to school for some basic arithmetic lessons. I don't think her tuition fees would be a very sound investment.

This thread has confirmed to me that I was right not to tangle with Facebook or Twitter: it would be very bad for my blood pressure!

yingal2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicey food, taxi drivers, hypos & hypers, pigeons, hospitals, dentists, my GP, my ****** immune system.
I once got told by a non diabetic that i use my diabetes as an excuse to stay fat. I am fat but i was a normal 13 year old when i was diagnosed. Face it. Some people are just as thick as mince! But good on you for replying to that non- entity. Unfortunately people get brave on a keyboard. lol.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ok....
Wouldnt it be great for the 'diabetes week' to have a campaign that just has us healthy looking all age small/thin/normals on with a slogan such as....these people have a huge amount in common, an lifelong critical illness.... Please support us.... You get what I mean....

BUT..... The trouble is.... Would the campaign be less effective to pictures of amputees, bad eyes etc??

I don't think it would, but I am biased also being a T1.

Secondly... Alot of people dont like to advertise the fact they are diabetic.

I would love to stand up and say 'hey look ar me'-i'm not fat!!!!

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
kevinf1967 said:
did you get a reply yet...

the problem is the goverment and in part the NHS are also ignorant about the cause of diabetes both type 1 and type 2, many can not differnetiate between the two.

They don't see the fact that some diabetics are over weight because the have diabetes and not what most pople think they have diabetes because they are overweight, i asked my colleagues when i told them i was diabetic as most of them said well youre not that overweight i aint no slim gym ( its a fuel tank for a love machine :lol: ) but they assumed if you are overwieght you'll get diabetes.

Don't stoop to their level.

:thumbup:

I think the above quote is very sensible, can't add much to it except that with a Government and an NHS that really is ignorant about diabetes/obesity issue ... we can only expect that some people will believe what they hear from the voices of 'authority' even if that authority is talking rubbish. Personally, I don't have the time or the energy to 'change the world', I come to this forum, I take note of the good advice and I get on with my diabetes control quietly and calmly. I don't engage in debates outside the forum because I just don't have the time to talk to anyone who doesn't REALLY want to listen.

I'm a fairly good example of how various illnesses and conditions like obesity, chronic fatigue, asthma, gastritis etc can miraculously improve or even disappear after diabetes has been diagnosed and the correct treatment and diet given. If people don't want to take note of that, then that's their problem, I'm certainly not going to waste any more of my precious life on people who don't want to know -and that includes the medical profession. I do tell my GP and diabetic nurse what sort of diet I'm eating, LCHF, I also tell her how well I feel compared to how I've felt for the past 20 years on a so-called 'normal healthy diet'. I also have told my GP that I definitely don't want statins because I don't want to incur painful side effects when I'm feeling so well and able to go back to work.

Since I've been diagnosed and on Metformin and LCHF, I've needed far less GP appointments for depression, fatigue, gastric problems, asthma and chest infections so the proof is actually there - in fact I've only been to my GP once since I was diagnosed 6 months ago and that was for my diabetic review and my requests for repeat prescriptions are now including less and less meds for asthma and gastric issues. :D :D

GlazedDoughnuts

PetiteSJ said:
Paul_c said:

As well as what exactly? And it's a lot less offensive than what I was thinking if you don't like it don't read it.......:roll:

But the same logic could of been applied for that girls post about diaaaabeeeetus. The small pic makes it hard for me to tell if she's hot or not. :think:

It seems she's probably left Uni is struggling to find work and in debt, in an attempt to support her theory of "invest in the young" she bought up the cost of diabetes in comparison, unfortunately she got the figure wrong and it's a pretty weak argument, but none the less she hasn't labelled all diabetics as fat. She's just frustrated and ranting. She could of said a lot worse.

To play devils advocate, a lot of Type 2 Diabetics are over weight, the NHS says so, my GP says so and random bits of research say so. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17227327 Now let's not get it twisted, I'm not making a claim here and saying it's solely responsible for them being diabetics, but instead it gives rise to "diabetes is a fat persons disease"

To move away from this girl and her rant (because it seems like it was blown out of proportion)...

donnellysdogs has the right idea here, given what's fed to the public about diabetes it's no shocker people think the disease is limited to fat people. A bunch of healthy, normal weight looking folks being featured in adverts stating they have a disease probably won't generate much interest...

Personally I feel diabetes is often placed on a pedestal, don't make Insulin of you own? Cool, just inject some, eat and carry on with your life.

T2 diabetic? Cool, if overweight lose some weight, see if that gives better control, if not revert to doctors try different drugs/Insulin carry on with your life.

Diabetic complications come into play with poor control, if you have good control there's no reason why you can't lead a 'normal' life.

Diabetes doesn't need to control ones life to the point that you're oo'ing and arr'ing over eating 25g of carbs, this seems to be more of a personal dietary choice advocated by a few individuals wanting to try something different/avoid the big conspiracy drugs and whatever else.

We'll never reach utopia.

PetiteSJ

GlazedDoughnuts said:
PetiteSJ said:
Paul_c said:

But the same logic could of been applied for that girls post about diaaaabeeeetus. The small pic makes it hard for me to tell if she's hot or not. :think:

It seems she's probably left Uni is struggling to find work and in debt, in an attempt to support her theory of "invest in the young" she bought up the cost of diabetes in comparison, unfortunately she got the figure wrong and it's a pretty weak argument, but none the less she hasn't labelled all diabetics as fat. She's just frustrated and ranting. She could of said a lot worse.

To play devils advocate, a lot of Type 2 Diabetics are over weight, the NHS says so, my GP says so and random bits of research say so. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17227327 Now let's not get it twisted, I'm not making a claim here and saying it's solely responsible for them being diabetics, but instead it gives rise to "diabetes is a fat persons disease"

To move away from this girl and her rant (because it seems like it was blown out of proportion)...

donnellysdogs has the right idea here, given what's fed to the public about diabetes it's no shocker people think the disease is limited to fat people. A bunch of healthy, normal weight looking folks being featured in adverts stating they have a disease probably won't generate much interest...

Personally I feel diabetes is often placed on a pedestal, don't make Insulin of you own? Cool, just inject some, eat and carry on with your life.

T2 diabetic? Cool, if overweight lose some weight, see if that gives better control, if not revert to doctors try different drugs/Insulin carry on with your life.

Diabetic complications come into play with poor control, if you have good control there's no reason why you can't lead a 'normal' life.

Diabetes doesn't need to control ones life to the point that you're oo'ing and arr'ing over eating 25g of carbs, this seems to be more of a personal dietary choice advocated by a few individuals wanting to try something different/avoid the big conspiracy drugs and whatever else.

We'll never reach utopia.

Well said :grin: I should have said what the girls comment was in relation to it was one of those silly letters to David Cameron about getting this country out of debt & in a moment of boredom I had a little gander at what comments had been made normally I just look, have a giggle at some of the comments but her comment was like she's blaming things like diabetes for the financial problems in this country & I kinda saw red but hey-ho what's one ignoramus in a whole sea of them!!!

You're bang on with we'll never reach utopia as the old adage goes 'ignorance is bliss' so by that logic a lot of people must be in heaven :lol:

SJ x