Anyone seen??

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
I know, this is possibly a really stupid question. Animas have brought out a machine that works with a One Touch Ultra blood glucose machine, called the One Touch Ping. It works the same as the Accu Chek Combo, via Bluetooth, but from what I can see it will also work with cgm. At the moment, it is only ava in the Us :-(. And I was wondering does anyone know or have any idea, how long it would be before Animas UK, would be advertising this pump?? I've asked for info from Animas UK, but still waiting.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Julie - not sure this is anything to do with Accu-Check. This "one touch ping" looks like a new pump from Animas although the meter sure looks like a rebadged combo.

The link to Dexcom CGM is not yet implemented - but there must be strong plans for it to be published.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Sorry Chas, I thought I'd put, that it looks like it would work the same as the Accu Chek combo, via bluetooth, sorry I didn't make it clear. Think the cgm part is pretty good, although it's getting Nice to agree on testing them :crazy: I called Accu Chek re cgm and the combo pump and meter, some time ago and am I still waiting for a reply, so I might try again next week, to find out if they will do a cgm to go with the combo.

Trina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who don't try, negative thinking
Hi
I've only been on pump since November but when I was doing all the research I enquirer about the Animas and the rep was really good demonstrating the latest and greatest. This was CGM ready but like you intimated the greatest and latest is only available in USA. I would have gone for the Animas if it hadn't been for the fact it wasn't Bluetooth but certainly they where the one company that I felt made any effort to explain things and the rep was really really good. Not too sure this has helped your dilemma though. I wis you good luck.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I heard from Roche that the Accu Check link to any CGM was at least a year away and would be probably a new pump/receiver. They were reported to be looking to link with Dexcom late last year, but no news on that either.

hamish112

Hi all,

Animas have the Vibe in the UK and Europe which is integrated with the Dexcom G4 CGMS. I've had mine for a year and a half now.

The Ping is only available in the USA (possibly Canada as well?) and I haven't heard anything to suggest it'll be coming here. The Vibe was launched here first so it's not always the case that the states get the best first!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Derek27db

When I looked at the selection of pumps available I asked for information packs from Medtronic, Accu-Check and Animas. After asking for a pack on the Animas Vibe I was emailed by the rep and one questino I asked was if the Ping would become available in the UK and his answer to that was "The Animas Ping will not be available in the UK as they (Animas) will be focusing on the Animas Vibe and future versions of it".

That kind of says no all over doesn't it?

And I'm still waiting on an info pack from the BTW, only got the Accu-Check Combo one in :D

VickiT11979

Hi,
It's actually us who are ahead of the US - they're all posting about how they can't wait for the Vibe to be launched over there as it has integrated CGM, whereas the Ping definitely does not. Ping's been around for a few years, Vibe was launched either 2011 or 2012.
The advantage of the Ping is that it has a meter remote which "pings" your BG results to the pump by Bluetooth, plus you can use the remote to do boluses without digging the pump out of your clothes if you wear it in your bra. No idea why Animas haven't followed up on the remote idea with the Vibe - I'd love it.
However, if I had to choose I'd still want the Vibe because of the CGM. Animas are intending to discontinue the Ping once they get FDA approval for the Vibe in the US, and we won't ever see it here.